PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Authorize.net field questions

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Authorize.net field questions

Postby SamGridley » May 24th, 2011, 2:23 pm

Hi! Thanks for the great plugin. We're running 3.5.8 with 1.5.8 Pro module and we have memberships available on our site.

Our members can be Retail or Wholesale level and they pay a monthly fee for each level. Our memberships work fine with Paypal buttons, but I just added the authorize.net shortcode and ran into a couple challenges.

1. When someone who is already logged into our WordPress site goes to the authorize.net form, should S2 detect that they already have a valid WP account? We're thinking it would be confusing if people were already logged in then they were asked to create a new profile. We might end up with a lot of double logins. Any ideas?

2. There are so many fields in the authorize.net form that when we add two shortcodes to one page (one for Retail and one Wholesale) then the page is very long. Is there code to collapse these so they only show when someone selects the corrsponding membership? Or do I need to create a separate "checkout" page for each membership? Here's our pre-production page: http://173.254.8.212/membership-options

Thanks in advance!
Sam
SamGridley

Re: Authorize.net field questions

Postby Cristián Lávaque » May 24th, 2011, 2:30 pm

Hi Sam. :)

1. If the user is logged in, the form will pre-populate with his profile data (not the card part), and a new account won't be created in your blog.

2. I think it may be best to show them only the form they need, either have them in separate pages and get the person to the one he wants only, or if the person is logged in you could use s2Member conditionals to know which one to show. WP Admin -> s2Member -> API / Scripting -> Using Simple Conditionals
Cristián Lávaque http://s2member.net
Is s2Member working for you? Please rate it Image at WordPress.org. Thanks! :)
Cristián Lávaque
Developer
Developer

Postby SamGridley » May 24th, 2011, 4:17 pm

Thanks Cristián, we'll give it a try!
SamGridley

Postby Cristián Lávaque » May 24th, 2011, 8:19 pm

Cool. :)
Cristián Lávaque http://s2member.net
Is s2Member working for you? Please rate it Image at WordPress.org. Thanks! :)
Cristián Lávaque
Developer
Developer

Postby peeld » January 13th, 2012, 7:34 pm

Just searched the forums for this same solution, expanding and collapsing the Pro forms, and I found a plugin on the WP site called jquery collapse-o-matic, seems to work, and a nice solution :)
peeld

Postby peeld » January 16th, 2012, 9:53 pm

Well, I take it back, it doesn't play nice with the Paypal Pro forms, keeps them from expanding and collapsing properly. Still, I'm hopeful that a solution can be found.
peeld

Return to s2Member Plugin