PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Problem with free user login

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Problem with free user login

Postby ewrwrestling » September 2nd, 2010, 6:08 pm

Hello,

I'm having an issue when free members log into my wordpress website. Upon entering my website, users are able to log in and out using the sidebar login plugin. After signing in, a small toolbar is displayed which shows the users avatar, a link to their dashboard where they can edit their profile and a link to logout. This is where my problem occurs. When I sign in as an admin, or any other user signs in as an admin, this toolbar is immediately displayed as it's supposed to. However, when a new user or free user signs in, they are brought back to the main page where the option to log in is still there, making it seem as if they didn't log in at all. Once the user continues onto a new page, the toolbar then appears indicating that they successfully logged in. The problem is that this makes it very confusing to new users who login and get no indication that they did so. I tried multiple login type plugins to test and see if it was just the plugin I was using that was giving me the problem and I still had the same issue. Once I disabled the s2member plugin the problem went away. Is there something I'm missing? Or is there a specific login plugin that I should use that will eliminate this problem?

You can see this problem first hand if you join my website as a free member and try to login..

My website is www.ewrwrestling.com

I really hope this problem can be resolved as I am really looking forward to using the s2member plugin.

Thanks so much.
Dave
ewrwrestling

Re: Problem with free user login

Postby Guest » September 3rd, 2010, 9:57 am

Update:

It seems as though after I deactivated s2 and then reactivated, this problem has gone away. If I encounter any other problems similar to this I will post them here. Still, if anyone has any idea what could have caused this let me know, thanks.

Dave
Guest User
Guest User

Re: Problem with free user login

Postby Jason Caldwell » September 7th, 2010, 4:57 pm

Hi Dave. Thanks for reporting this.
I've not been able to reproduce this specific oddity,
but if you have a specific plugin that we can test against, I'll be happy to have a look.

In the mean time, I recommend one of these two:

1. Sidebar Login ( works with s2Member, and s2Member Pro ) - confirmed/tested.
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/sidebar-login/

2. s2Member Pro's Login Widget, which is specifically designed to work with s2Member.
( this comes with any purchase of the s2Member Pro add-on module )
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin