PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Logged In User Access Restrictions

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Logged In User Access Restrictions

Postby lunaKM » May 14th, 2010, 11:01 am

On my website I will be allowing free subscribers. I do, however, have a desire to restrict access to parts of my site to logged in members. Right now, I can access parts of the site while being a random guest.

You have options to restrict access according to your s2 levels and I realize there are API coding functions I could use, but here's why they won't work for me.

I'm using buddypress within a standalone blog. I desire the buddypress side of the site to be restricted to logged in users (besides the registration page). Right now, in order to do what I want I would have to change core buddypress files to make them viewable to only logged in users.

I could really use another box like your access level boxes for restricting certain areas for levels logged in or higher. That way my entire site would still be accessible but the buddypress could be blocked off.

There are plugins that will block off the entire site, but that's not what I need. I just need the directories related to buddypress blocked (/members/, /groups/, /activity/).
lunaKM
Guest User
Guest User

Re: Logged In User Access Restrictions

Postby Jason Caldwell » May 19th, 2010, 6:54 am

Thanks for reporting this. Please upgrade to s2Member v3.0+. s2Member's URI Level Access Restrictions now support Replacement Codes which are documented on that panel. See: s2Member -> General Options -> URI Level Restrictions. Using these replacement codes ( examples are provided on that panel ), you can restrict access to specific BuddyPress %%current_user_profile%% areas.

In the URI Level Restrictions, put in these word fragments:
Code: Select all
/members/%%current_user_login%%/
/members/
/groups/
/activity/
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby drcoach » May 24th, 2010, 6:40 pm

I have tried this method successfully with buddypress pages. However, I have also installed bbpress and I can't get this method to work for the forum page. I have tried listing it under the others as

/members/%%current_user_login%%/
/members/
/groups/
/activity/
/forum/

I have also tried /tribe/forum/ since my forum sits at this higher level. Neither work. Can you advise?

Thanks! my url is http://nunomad.com/tribe
drcoach

Postby drcoach » May 26th, 2010, 3:19 am

Does anyone know an answer for this?
drcoach

Postby Jason Caldwell » June 24th, 2010, 12:09 am

bbPress integration is coming in s2Member v3.1. This will be released shortly, and this feature will become available under: s2Member -> API Bridges -> bbPress Bridge Plugin. You can look for this in the next release.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin