PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Dashboard lost

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Dashboard lost

Postby kettyB » May 14th, 2010, 3:27 pm

I lost my admin login as has been discussed already on here. My host company went in to disable the plugin and now my Wordpress admin dashboard has lost most of it's features. All it shows is Profile and Tools options. The host company say that they cannot fix it as it is a result of the plugin?

I'd appreciate your help.

Thank you,
kettyB
Guest User
Guest User

Re: Dashboard lost

Postby HTMwebrat » May 14th, 2010, 3:32 pm

If you lost your admin status, try this (back up your wordpress database first!).
In phpmyadmin -

Look under wp_usermeta, find the user_id column with 1 (there are a few entries with this) and see what it says under column meta_key wp_capabilities. If it has something like s2member_level1, try changing it to -

a:1:{s:13:"administrator";b:1;}

This is assuming the admin user was user ID 1, the default admin user. If your hosting company is helping you out, maybe they can try this for you and revert to a backup if something goes wrong.
HTMwebrat

Postby kettyB » May 14th, 2010, 3:36 pm

Thanks.

I saw this earlier. I can get into my admin panel but the problem is that the dashboard is virtually blank? Host provider seem unable to help. I will try what you have suggested. I appreciate your help.
kettyB
Guest User
Guest User

Postby rossagrant » May 14th, 2010, 6:02 pm

Ketty, what webrat has suggested will more than likely be your problem. You have subscribed to your own site whilst logged in as admin I expect and downgraded your permissions. Use PHPAdmin to change it to the above and you'll get your dashboard back.
rossagrant
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby Jason Caldwell » May 19th, 2010, 6:49 am

Starting with s2Member v3.0+, it is now impossible to lock yourself out. s2Member now includes additional routines that prevent this from EVER being possible. Thanks to everyone that reported this.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin