PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

event registrations?

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

event registrations?

Postby shawn » May 15th, 2010, 11:36 pm

I've been looking for paid event registration modules for wp, and it looks like s2members could handle that and so much more.

Are there any plans for event registrations directly supported in s2members?
--admin can input event details, 'location, map, cost, date, time, about, etc'
--viewer can view event page, and click 'purchase' button, total #seats etc
--after event, as admin I can create download area with materials from event for viewer to access

thanks

p.s.
very interested in pro edition. love the idea of keeping visitor on my own site at all times.
shawn
Guest User
Guest User

Re: event registrations?

Postby Jason Caldwell » May 19th, 2010, 6:09 am

Hi Shawn. Thanks for your inquiry. There are no plans to integrate any site-specific functionality into s2Member at this time. s2Member is designed to maximize the ability for site owners & developers to integrate its tools into all sorts of applications. In other words, "we" are working on the bigger picture, and we're not so much focused on site-specific implementations at this time.

As the popularity and exposure of s2Member increases, I would expect to see other developers building child-plugins ( or modules ) that are designed to extend s2Member with specific functionality. If you need something right away, you might try Elance.com. Post a project request, and provide them with the details and a link to check out s2Member.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby shawn » May 20th, 2010, 3:37 am

sorry about my description, maybe I was not clear as indeed it did sound like a site specific project.

What I am looking for is much more general. Basically using s2members as an edownloads 'store'.

Right now I can protect a page with s2member to all but paid members. I have 4 user levels available.

Right now, I can't figure out how to sell access to MULTIPLE 'individual' pages or categories.

scenario:
user registers and pays for access to page or category 'x'
user then later pays for access to page or category 'y'
user then later pays for access to page or category 'z', etc...

Theoretically I could do this if there were only x,y,z as we have 4 levels avail in s2. I run into issues if I need hundreds of 'user access levels'.

So basically I would build a basic signup form using s2member somehow and attach that to an event registration page. User pays, and then is registered for that event, which also gives them access to that events docs.

Think of it like using s2members to sell tickets to a football game. The user pays, and upon approval gets access to download the team flyer for that game. (flyer=page or category).

Hope this makes more sense.
shawn
Guest User
Guest User

Postby shawn » June 2nd, 2010, 3:49 am

Are these features possible yet?

I had an organization contact me today in order to build a site that would allow them to sell tickets to events. Once a ticket is purchased they want the user to be able to access additional areas of the site.

There will be about 3-4 events a month, so simply using member levels won't work.

Is this feasible?

also:'
Using wp3.0rc1 in multi-site mode, is it possible to protect an entire subdomain site once the user has purchased access in the above scenario?

I was thinking it would be easiest to setup a new subdomain site for each event, and then simply let a person purchase access to that subdomain site through the primary site
shawn
Guest User
Guest User

Postby Jason Caldwell » June 23rd, 2010, 8:19 pm

Hi Shawn. I'm sorry for my very delayed response. Apologies.

Yes, this is possible.
No, not possible with Multisite mode, not yet.
We're still working on Multisite compatibility.

To get this working, you'll want to use s2Member's Custom Capabilities.
You can learn more about this, by reading the full documentation available under:
WP Dashboard -> s2Member -> API Scripting -> Custom Capabilities.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin