PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

prevent a demoted user from logging in

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

prevent a demoted user from logging in

Postby lichter » May 18th, 2010, 1:17 am

Hi,

First of all let me say thanks for a great plugin!

I'm tring to use s2member with a buddypress + mu powered site.

Once a user cancels... how do I demote him so that he can't log in anymore
but without deleting his account?

Thanks in advance for you reply,

lichter
lichter
Guest User
Guest User

Re: prevent a demoted user from logging in

Postby rossagrant » May 18th, 2010, 7:51 am

Hey Lichter, when a user cancels a subscription they are automatically demoted from the S2 Member Level 1 - 4 to a subscriber on your site.

What i do on my site, is set that subscriber level to restrict it from accessing certain pages.
You can choose specific pages or type 'all' to prevent access to any pages upon login.
See the options in General Options ---> Page Access Restrictions

If a member tries to access one of these restricted pages then they are redirected to your membership options page that you should set up in the General option ---> Membership Options Page.

Here I place a link to a page I have set up to modify EXISTING accounts to reactivate the S2Member Levels through a new payment.

This means that a member can keep all of their old info and merely start paying for access again.
If you made it so that a user can't login at all after demotion then you may as well have the option to 'delet user' on demotion as they couldn't access you site regardless.

By still allowing them to login but to restrict what they can see makes more business sense as they will want to upgrade to get back their original access.

I hope this makes sense and if you need help setting this up just drop me a PM on here and I'll go through it with you.
Cheers
Ross :)
rossagrant
Experienced User
Experienced User

Return to s2Member Plugin