PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Comment form is Cached and shows logged in even when not

Quick Cache Plugin. Speeds up WordPress®.

Comment form is Cached and shows logged in even when not

Postby user3 » May 19th, 2010, 9:15 pm

Greetings Jason,
Thanks for a great plugin. I am experiencing a problem though. I have disabled the Client side cache option. Even then, the Wordpress comments box on each post page shows me logged in after I logout even though I cannot post. And vice versa too. I tried adding the comments form php page of my theme and the registration pages to the no cache uri pattern but still the same problem. Please help. Thanks in advance.
user3
Guest User
Guest User

Re: Comment form is Cached and shows logged in even when not

Postby user3 » May 19th, 2010, 9:39 pm

I have quick cache enabled for logged in users as well. WP 2.8.4. Is it possible I can enable the Client side cache option also and still fix this problem by using some no cache uri pattern so that the comment form shows the correct logged in or our status? Thanks.
user3
Guest User
Guest User

Postby user3 » May 20th, 2010, 11:45 pm

Please help Jason.
user3
Guest User
Guest User

Postby Jason Caldwell » June 21st, 2010, 11:25 pm

user3 wrote:I have quick cache enabled for logged in users as well. WP 2.8.4. Is it possible I can enable the Client side cache option also and still fix this problem by using some no cache uri pattern so that the comment form shows the correct logged in or our status? Thanks.

Very sorry for my extremely delayed response.
It sounds like you have Quick Cache enabled for Logged-In Users. That should be turned off. Once you turn that off, it should solve all of those problems. Just do a manual cache reset after turning that off.

Don't Cache Pages For Logged-In Users:
( True = Don't Cache )

Client-Side Cache:
( False, Disallow )

... comment authors will be able to see updates to the spool immediately. In other words, Quick Cache thinks of a comment author as a logged in user, even though technically they are not.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to Quick Cache Plugin