PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Quick Cache only caching Home Page.

Quick Cache Plugin. Speeds up WordPress®.

Quick Cache only caching Home Page.

Postby Ed_King » May 20th, 2010, 7:40 am

I installed the Quick Cache Plugin and set all the default options and enabled it. When I visit my site http://invictatrader.com I only see the Quick Cache message on the View Page Source at the very bottom for the Home Page only. No other page shows me that message at the bottom of the Page Source. Is it supposed to cache all pages and posts?

Thank you.
Ed_King

Re: Quick Cache only caching Home Page.

Postby Ed_King » May 21st, 2010, 7:53 am

I am still seeing the same thing today. I only see the Home Page being cached. Are more pages/posts supposed to be cached?
Thank you.
Ed_King

Postby Ed_King » May 24th, 2010, 1:45 pm

Can anyone help?
Ed_King

Postby david » June 4th, 2010, 12:33 pm

I am also seeing this behavior. My site is using the default URL syntax, so pages other than the homepage have URLs such as ../?page_id=111.

Is caching supported in this case?

Thank you,
David
david

Postby Ed_King » June 4th, 2010, 1:44 pm

I am also using the default numbered pages like you. Have to see other pages besides the Home Page cached still. No on has answered so far.
Ed_King

Postby Jason Caldwell » June 21st, 2010, 7:31 pm

Hey guys. My apologies for the delayed response.
Yes, this normal. By default, Quick Cache does NOT cache _GET requests. However, you can change if you need to.

Please log into your WP Dashboard, and go to:
Quick Cache -> Don't Cache Query String GET Requests

Don't Cache Query String GET Requests?

This should almost always be set to True, unless you're using unfriendly Permalinks on your site. In other words, if all of your URLs contain a query string ( /?something=something ), you ARE using unfriendly Permalinks, and you should update your Permalink options in WordPress® immediately, because that also optimizes your site for search engines.

That being said, if you really want to use unfriendly Permalinks, and only if you're using unfriendly Permalinks, you should set this to False; and don't worry too much, the sky won't fall on your head :-)

It should also be noted that POST requests ( forms with method="POST" ) are always excluded from the cache, which is the way it should be. POST requests should never be cached. CLI requests are also excluded from the cache. A CLI request is one that comes from the command line; commonly used by cron jobs and other automated routines.

* Advanced Tip: If you are NOT caching GET requests ( recommended ), but you do want to allow some special URLs that include query string parameters to be cached; you can add this special parameter to your URL &qcAC=1 to tell Quick Cache that it is OK to cache that particular URL, even though it contains query string arguments.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to Quick Cache Plugin