PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Problem with Mobile Switcher and MD5 Version Salt

Quick Cache Plugin. Speeds up WordPress®.

Problem with Mobile Switcher and MD5 Version Salt

Postby unghander » February 2nd, 2011, 8:03 pm

Hi there. Quick Cache is amazing and by far the easiest caching plugin for Wordpress.

For my new blog theme I have built a simple mobile switcher. It basically works like that:

1. In header.php I check the HTTP_USER_AGENT and a possible cookie and decide if it's mobile or not

2. In my template files like single.php and sidebar.php I rund diferent loops and stuff whether if($mobile == true) or not

3. Finally the user can force the opposite mode (works with browser cookie)

My problem is that Quick Cache only stores the first version of a particular URL. Now I thought MD5 Version Salt will solve this but I can't get this working. Even the example iPhone preg_match won't show me different cached versions.

Honestly I don't get that whole Version Salt thing. What exactly does that? Where is the part that decides which MD5 Salt to be used and how to switch?

I have also tried some more professional mobile switcher (Wordpress Mobile Pack, WP Mobile Detector and WPtouch to name a few) and I can't get one to work together with Quick Cache.

To make my point clear: I want both mobile and desktop versions of my site be cached, the no-cache options doesn't help me. And if finally the user can switch between the two modes, that would be awesome.

Regards
unghander

Return to Quick Cache Plugin