PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Unable To Reinstall Plugin

Quick Cache Plugin. Speeds up WordPress®.

Unable To Reinstall Plugin

Postby mosnell » February 27th, 2011, 11:52 pm

Hi

Today I tried to automatically upgrade to the latest version of the plugin and lost my connection whilst doing so.

After that, all I got was a blank page when trying to access my admin area or my site, so, I logged in to Cpanel and removed the plugin folder manually, deleted advanced-cache.php in the wp-content folder and also the cache directory in wp-content.

Tried again to install Quick Cache and the problem still remains. Is there anything else I need to remove to enable a fresh install? I've never had issues with the plugin before and I'm running WP version 3.0.5.

Is it just that the latest version will only function with WP 3.1?

Very odd and I've never encountered a problem with the plugin before now. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Maurice
mosnell

Re: Unable To Reinstall Plugin

Postby WhiskeyJim » March 15th, 2011, 11:05 am

Did this issue ever get resolved?

I just updated to the new version and all I get is a white screen as well. Have turned off my favorite plugin for now. I will try to uninstall completely and reinstall it again when I have more time.

If it helps the developers, I am running WP 3.1 (latest version), and if I recall correctly, Quick Cache just came out with 2 updates withing a few days of each other, after the earlier update to conform to WP 3.1.

So if my memory servers correctly, I updated Quick Cache a few days ago; everything was fine. The next and latest update just a couple days later (which is the latest version) is the one that gives me a blank screen...
Last edited by WhiskeyJim on March 15th, 2011, 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WhiskeyJim

Re: Unable To Reinstall Plugin

Postby celina » March 15th, 2011, 1:15 pm

The same thing happens to me. Ugh. Just a blank screen. There must be something wrong with the caching, cause disabling this function turns everything back to its normal, slow self.
celina

Return to Quick Cache Plugin