PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Lates version returns blank screen

Quick Cache Plugin. Speeds up WordPress®.

Lates version returns blank screen

Postby WhiskeyJim » March 16th, 2011, 6:07 pm

All previous versions of Quick cache worked great for me.

The latest version returns only a blank screen. I am using WP version 3.1, the latest version as of the date of this post.

Re-installs of QC have not changed anything. I have not changed any plugins since the last version, and shut off most plugins to see if there was a conflict. No help.

Thought I would leave a post here, since QC is my favorite plugin:)

In troubleshooting, I noticed QC no longer deletes cache files for me. Since I changed hosts in November, it is unclear to me whether there was an issue with host configuration. I had set permissions on content/cache to 777 just to make sure.

Hope that helps someone. I will go back to one of the more complicated cache plugins, which in testing were also not as fast as this one. Primo is a quality service, and I am sorry I was not able to successfully troubleshoot this issue for them.
WhiskeyJim

Re: Lates version returns blank screen

Postby celina » March 18th, 2011, 7:31 pm

I am also getting the blank screen. But here is something interesting. My error_log shows this:

Code: Select all
PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 104857601 bytes) in /wp-content/advanced-cache.php on line 187

This refers to the following in my advanced-cache.php file:

Code: Select all
$data = gzread (($gz = gzopen ($temp, "rb")), 104857600); /* Up to 100 mbs. */

Probably a memory limit somewhere, but it seems like an awful lot of memory. What, why and how? How can I increase the limit and would that break anything?

Update: I have found, and tried, various ways to increase the memory limit even up to 128M, but it still returns a blank screen. So, I am not sure how this will work out. Seems like there is something with the QC plugin since others have run into the same problem. Turning the caching off puts my website right back to where I left off. HMM...
celina

Postby BartC » April 5th, 2011, 9:03 pm

I too am getting a blank screen. This is on WP3.1 and QuickCache 2.3.5

I just installed Quick Cache yesterday. On installation it seemed to work fine with some speed up of page loads. However, after about 24 hrs I attempted to go to the site via the domain name and the browser reported finished, but the screen was blank.

Then I accessed it through the ISP's web server (instead of via domain) was was able to see the site to log on as admin. I cleared the QC cache, and suddenly the site was available via domain name.

(BTW, to avoid the issue of no cache being served to logged in admins and users, I used FF for the login to clear the cache, and Chrome to access it over the transom.)

I didn't think to do a code view of the blank page to see if QC wrote any error messages. I will wait another 24 hrs and see if the problem comes back.

bc
http://www.TheFrontBurner.us
BartC

Postby teratechnologies » October 21st, 2011, 4:48 pm

I'm having the same problem here. When I look at the source file I can see that the <head> doesn't finish loading, which means that the code never reaches the <body>.

The Quick Cache debug info is at the bottom as if everything is normal.

Is there a fix for this?
teratechnologies

Return to Quick Cache Plugin