PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

cannot disable 'Anyone Can Register'

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

cannot disable 'Anyone Can Register'

Postby nytsua » May 31st, 2010, 3:48 pm

Hi,

I'm setting s2member up and trying to not allow just anyone to register. I have the option on the s2Member General Options->Login Welcome Page->Allow Free Subscribers Access to the Page set to No however when I save and go back to the General WP settings it says 'Anyone Can Register = 1' and I cannot un-select the option.
Anyone had any issues with this or know what else needs changed to uncheck that box.

Thanks,
Austyn
nytsua
Guest User
Guest User

Re: cannot disable 'Anyone Can Register'

Postby Helping Hand » June 2nd, 2010, 2:46 pm

Hello Austyn,

Thank you for your patience and your interest in our product. I am here to help you if I can. However, I am not a technician and this question can only be answered by one of our developers. I will gladly forward your question or request to development and it will be answered as soon as possible, in the order it is received. Please note the options below.

Professional Installation Within 2 Days: ( Customized )
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=107

s2Member Pro is in the development stage and we are accepting suggestions and donations for it's development now. We are also accepting donations for the development of all of the free plugins. To make a donation, use the link below, then go to checkout.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=107

Best Regards,

Alex/Helping Hand
Helping Hand
Guest User
Guest User

Re: cannot disable 'Anyone Can Register'

Postby Jason Caldwell » June 23rd, 2010, 8:06 pm

Thanks for reporting this bug. This has been corrected in s2Member v3.1+ ( coming soon ).

* Bug fix. s2Member was reporting `Anyone Can Register = 1` on the General Options page for WordPress®, no matter what. This was not hurting anything internally, but the display of this incorrect information in some circumstances ( depending on configuration ) was leading to confusion for site owners. This has been resolved in v3.1+.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin