PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

s2Member v3.1.5 ( improvements/fixes )

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

s2Member v3.1.5 ( improvements/fixes )

Postby Jason Caldwell » June 25th, 2010, 3:55 pm

s2Member v3.1.5 is now available for download.
The latest version of s2Member can always be downloaded here:
http://www.primothemes.com/post/s2membe ... th-paypal/

= Changelog for v3.1.5 =
http://www.primothemes.com/readme/914/

• Bug fix. The Replacment Code ( `%%current_user_level%%` ); which works in conjunction with a Login Welcome Page URL, and also with URI Level Access was always returning `-1`. This has been corrected in v3.1.5+.
  • General cleanup and improved routines inside `/includes/file-download-access.inc.php`. No functionality changes, just subtle improvements in the logic behind s2Member's File Download Restrictions.
  • New Replacement Code for s2Member's Registration API Notification. The Replacement Code ( `%%user_id%%` ) is now available to developers.

= Changelog for v3.1.4 =

• Bug fix. Conditional check against `DOING_AJAX` added as an exclusion to the admin lockout routines for s2Member. This allows `/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php` to receive Ajax requests at all times, as it should be.

= Changelog for v3.1.3 =

• Bug fix. Comparison between $_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"] and a PayPal® Custom/Proxy was failing on some servers that force a host port number into the $_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"] environment variable. MediaTemple® does this. If you're hosted by MediaTemple®, and you're using the s2Member Pro Module, you should upgrade to v3.1.3+.
  • Bug fix. The WP_Http class, which is responsible for handling cURL, ExtHTTP, and/or fopen functionality for connections to PayPal®, was defaulting to a 5 second stream timeout. Under certain conditions, this was too low ( i.e. slow responses from PayPal®, and/or a WordPress® MySQL database ). The default timeout has now been increased to 20 seconds; which is designed to give high priority status to IPN processing routines; thereby reducing the chances of a connection timeout considerably, and improving the overall reliability of the s2Member checkout experience.
  • Localhost support. s2Member now supports "localhost" installations of WordPress®; tested against WAMP and MAMP. Thanks to ScriptyGoddess for reporting this, and for her assistance with testing against her MAMP installation.
  • General UI cleanup. In particular, the PayPal® Option panels have been cleaned up a bit; making these important panels "less intimidating" to site owners that are brand new to s2Member.
  • Support for File Download Restrictions, based on specific Member Level Sub-directories. For full details, please check your WP Dashboard, under: s2Member -> API Scripting -> "Custom Capability and Member Level Files".
  • The file /includes/s2member.js is now a development source file. The live version is now optimized, inside: /includes/s2member-min.js. This helps to further reduce the s2Member footprint.
  • Virtual terminal support (txn_type=virtual_terminal) has been added to the s2Member IPN processor. This provides developers with access to Hooks/Filters on Virtual Terminal transactions.
  • Internal optimization of s2member.css. These optimizations are designed to further reduce the footprint of s2Member.
  • Bug fix. A bug was discovered in the PayPal® IPN routines; specifically with payment_status. Under the right conditions, it was possible for a declined echeck payment to slip through with a Failed payment status. s2Member v3.1.3+ corrects this bug.

= Changelog for v3.1.2 =
  • Updated minimum requirements to WordPress® 3.0+. There were changes in v3.1.1 that now require WP 3.0+ ( apply_filters_ref_array ). WordPress 2.9.2 is no longer compatible. If for some reason, you can't upgrade to WP 3.0, you can grab older versions of s2Member here.

== Changelog for v3.1.1 ==
  • New feature. Now you can use `s2member_force_ssl -> yes` as a Custom Field with any Post/Page. This feature comes in handy if you need to force SSL on pages hosting PayPal® Pro Forms, implemented by the s2Member Pro Module. You can set `s2member_force_ssl -> yes` to force *https://*. If your server runs SSL over a special port number, or your server requires the port number to actually be in the URL ( i.e. HOST:port ), you can set `s2member_force_ssl -> 443`; or to whatever port you need. In addition to forcing *https://*, s2Member is also capable of forcing SSL compatibility in your theme, and in other quirky plugins. If your theme is NOT 100% compatible with SSL, s2Member can sometimes correct flaws automatically, but not always. For maximum compatibility with SSL, we recommend a premium WordPress® theme from PriMoThemes.com, or from another trusted source that states "SSL Compatible".
  • Bug fix. References to the Constant `WP_CONTENT_URL` have been removed, in favor of `content_url()`, which is SSL-friendly.
  • Tweak. References to `$_SERVER["HTTPS"]` have been abandoned, in favor of `is_ssl()`, which is native to WordPress®.
  • Windows®. Although full testing on Windows® IIS is not completed, one bug report indicated a problem with `["dir_url"]`. This has been corrected in v3.1.1, using `DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR`.
  • Bug fix. PHP 5.3.x reference value on option filters. The `apply_filters()` call was changed to `apply_filters_ref_array()`. This has been corrected in v3.1.1.

== Changelog for v3.1 ==

• bbPress® compatiblity. There is a new internal Bridge that can be installed into bbPress® by s2Member. This new bbPress® (Bridge/plugin) makes it possible for s2Member Levels [0-4] to be converted into bbPress® "Members" on-the-fly, and it will guard your forums against unauthorized access; including forum registrations, which are redirected to your Membership Options Page for s2Member. To install this Bridge Integration, check your WordPress® Dashboard, under: `s2Member -> Bridge Integrations`.
  • New plugin that is HIGHLY recommended for s2Member. Get WP Show IDs. Simple, yet elegant. Shows IDs for Posts, Pages, Media, Links, Categories, Tags, and Users in the admin tables for easy access. Very lightweight. Also supports Custom Post Types / Taxonomies.
  • New feature. There is a new Replacement Code available for the Login Welcome Page. You can now set a Special Redirection URL, which includes `%%current_user_level%%`, making it possible to have a separate Login Welcome Page for each Membership Level that you plan to offer. For further details, log into your WP Dashboard, and go to: `s2Member -> General Options -> Login Welcome Page`.
  • New feature. s2Member now supports 3rd-party IPN integrations, where you can have another service, such as PayDotCom® send simulated IPN transactions to your s2Member installation. For further details, log into your WordPress® Dashboard, and go to: `s2Member -> PayPal Options -> IPN Integration` ( at the bottom of that sub-section, you'll find your Proxy IPN Key ). Full instructions for services like PayDotCom® & eJunkie® will be provided in the next release. The framework is in place, but full documentation has not been written yet.
  • New feature. s2Member now allows you to customize a list of Recipients for both the Signup Confirmation Email, and also the Specific Post/Page Confirmation Email. This makes it possible to prevent these emails from going out ( definitely NOT recommended though ). More importantly, it allows you to have copies of these messages sent to various departments, or even to a list server; such as AWeber/MailChimp. It should also be noted that your list of Recipients, your Subject Line, and your Messages; can all be modified easily, and ALL of these fields support the full list of Replacement Codes listed in those sections. For further details, see: `s2Member -> PayPal® Options`.
  • Bug fix. A redirection loop was found within s2Member's security restrictions. A redirection loop was possible, whenever s2Member was running with an incomplete configuration ( i.e. no Membership Options Page was configured ). This has been corrected in v3.1. A new warning notice will be issued should you attempt to save your General Options without configuring a Membership Options Page. Also, s2Member will NOT enforce any of its security restrictions until this Page has been configured successfully. See: `s2Member -> General Options -> Membership Options Page`. If you see no warning notice after updating your options, you're good. ~ Not a huge issue, but this was catching a few newbies by surprise.
  • Support for third-party integrations that need to determine the location of your Membership Options Page, without having direct access through a plugin. Third-party applications may now send a request to your site like this: `http://www.example.com/?s2member_membership_options_page=1`, and s2Member will automatically redirect that request to the real Membership Options Page that you've configured.
  • Compatibility. Back in s2Member v3.0.5, the s2Member Menu panel was moved up to sit just beneath the Users menu in WordPress®. This has been reverted back down near the bottom, because other plugins tend to conflict with this approach. The application of a specific menu position could be overridden by another plugin that loads up after s2Member is initialized; causing the s2Member menu to disappear. This has been resolved in v3.1.
  • Bug fix. s2Member was reporting `Anyone Can Register = 1` on the General Options page for WordPress®, no matter what. This was not hurting anything internally, but the display of this incorrect information in some circumstances ( depending on configuration ) was leading to confusion for site owners. This has been resolved in v3.1+.
  • New feature. It is now possible to protect files that are NOT even a part of WordPress®. You can accomplish this by placing any set of files/folders inside the `/plugins/s2member-files/` directory. Then, you can configure Inline Extensions under, `s2Member -> Download Options -> Inline Extensions`. Using this technique, you can now protect ANY file, using Download Keys and Inline Extensions. For full details, see: `s2Member -> Download Options`. Note, don't be fooled by the word "Download", this feature is much more powerful than it seems at first glance. If you get confused, please write in on the forums for assistance from the community.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Re: s2Member v3.1 ( now available )

Postby pdblizzard » June 26th, 2010, 5:15 am

New feature. It is now possible to protect files that are NOT even a part of WordPress®. You can accomplish this by placing any set of files/folders inside the `/plugins/s2member-files/` directory. Then, you can configure Inline Extensions under, `s2Member -> Download Options -> Inline Extensions`. Using this technique, you can now protect ANY file, using Download Keys and Inline Extensions. For full details, see: `s2Member -> Download Options`. Note, don't be fooled by the word "Download", this feature is much more powerful than it seems at first glance. If you get confused, please write in on the forums for assistance from the community.

This HUGE for me! I can't thank you enough for this feature. I've been wracking my brain, struggling with making an existing page (a PHP embedded form that posts to another PHP processing file with session counters,) work within a WordPress "Page" and have not been able to find the method to make it all work together. I know PHP but I'm new to WordPress and functions.

You have just made my "go live" date even closer and lessened my stress considerably. :!:
pdblizzard

Postby drbyte » June 26th, 2010, 8:46 am

Jason...My women will divorce me over this :) She "claims" that I spend most of my time playing around with s2member!! Not sure how she came to this conclusion...Hummm, Do I ??

Thank you so much for the nice upgrade...it went smooth and without any errors, not that it had any to start with.

Sam
drbyte
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby martin » June 27th, 2010, 1:05 am

I agree with pdblizzard. Protecting folders with files is a HUGE step forward. Now I can organize my data into collections and distribute them as needed...

Thank you very much! ;)
martin

Postby Jason Caldwell » June 27th, 2010, 2:06 am

drbyte wrote:Jason...My women will divorce me over this :) She "claims" that I spend most of my time playing around with s2member!! Not sure how she came to this conclusion...Hummm, Do I ??

Thank you so much for the nice upgrade...it went smooth and without any errors, not that it had any to start with.

Sam

Hahaha... Very welcome Sam!

You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby Jason Caldwell » June 27th, 2010, 2:07 am

martin wrote:I agree with pdblizzard. Protecting folders with files is a HUGE step forward. Now I can organize my data into collections and distribute them as needed...

Thank you very much! ;)

Great to hear that! Thank you very much ~ and you're very welcome.

Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin