PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

List posts to sell on sales page

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

List posts to sell on sales page

Postby wolfie » June 28th, 2010, 12:09 pm

I do like the feature of s2Member to sell individual posts, but it seems to be really clumsy implemented... or am I missing something? Never the less, here's my problem:

I want to make a sales page with a list of the blog posts I'm selling and a link to buy them, instead of massive amounts of buttons. However, I can't seem to find a plugin that just simply lets me do this dynamically. I don't want to sit and manually create html code every time I write a blog post.

This is how I want it: Preferably I'd like a list of the posts titles, generated automatically based on the tag "membership" which I've added per post (or category is fine to) and each title is a link like the one on the generated s2Member-buy-now-button. This way I can just write: buy post below, and they click the post they want.

Anyone got tips on this? How has other people solved this?
wolfie

Re: List posts to sell on sales page

Postby Jason Caldwell » June 29th, 2010, 1:10 am

Here is how I would handle this with s2Member:

- Package them all together into one or more Membership packages that you sell access to.
See: s2Member -> General Options -> Post,Page,Category,Tag,URI Access Controls

- Package up a bunch of individual Posts/Pages into one "Specific Post/Page Sale"
See: s2Member -> PayPal Buttons -> Specific Post/Page Access.

You will only have ONE or possibly TWO PayPal® Buttons, no matter which of these options you choose.

This is how I want it: Preferably I'd like a list of the posts titles, generated automatically based on the tag "membership" which I've added per post (or category is fine to) and each title is a link like the one on the generated s2Member-buy-now-button. This way I can just write: buy post below, and they click the post they want.

I see what you're saying now. Yea, s2Member does not build dynamic lists. However, that is definitely something that a freelancer could put together for you. You might post a project on Elance.com for this. There are many developers familiar with s2Member there. Posting a project is free;
and you just take in bids.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby wolfie » June 29th, 2010, 3:56 am

Thanks man. I appreciate the reply. I think I've found a solution though, that I'm nearly done with. A salespage, with small buttons or dropdowns that get generated from a specific category. Turns out it was pretty simple to accomplish with php, even though one little thing doesn't work yet in the script.
wolfie

Postby Jason Caldwell » June 30th, 2010, 5:06 pm

Great to hear that! Thanks for reporting back. Much appreciated.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin