PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

s2member, WPMU & BP: Plugins restrictions

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

s2member, WPMU & BP: Plugins restrictions

Postby bomio » May 14th, 2010, 3:27 am

Hi there!

Very nice Plugin! But I see not, how i can make plugins restrictions. I need to give access to certainly plugins only for Pay-Members, with different access. The installation is WPMU 2.9.2 (Blog Farm), Buddypress 1.2.3 and s2member 2.9.4.

Hope you understand what I mean, my english is very bad ;)

Example:

Bronze membership can activate plugins:
- gallery
Silver membership can activate plugins:
- gallery
- Contact Form
Gold membership can activate plugins:
- gallery
- Contact Form
- eCommerce

... it's this possible?

And it's possible to give away more space for members?
Bronze 50 MB, Silver 100 MB, Gold 150 MB, ...

Kind regards,
Bomio
bomio

Re: s2member, WPMU & BP: Plugins restrictions

Postby bomio » May 25th, 2010, 2:34 pm

Help :)
bomio

Postby Elizabeth » May 27th, 2010, 7:07 pm

Hello Bomio,

s2Member is compatible with BuddyPress, s2Member requires some more developer customization in order to work with WPMU. You might try finding some quotes on Elance.
Elizabeth

Postby jannesh » June 7th, 2010, 4:58 am

Elizabeth wrote:s2Member is compatible with BuddyPress, s2Member requires some more developer customization in order to work with WPMU. You might try finding some quotes on Elance.

Hi Elizabeth

I am one of those developers but I am having a bit of a problem. I have found a bug in s2Member that is specific to WPMU. Basically user capabilities gets overwritten when a new blog is added for that user...

FIrst, do PrimoThemes have a bugtracker where we can log these bugs so they can get fixed, or do we use this forum?

Second, I can probably find the bug myself, and will be willing to share the fix with the original developers, but any help will be appreciated. Is there somewhere documentation that will make it easier, or is the code the only source of reference?

JannesH
jannesh
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby jannesh » June 7th, 2010, 4:32 pm

Ok, got the problem.

It is in the WPMU core though and I doubt they gonna change the core for a plugin...

Anyway I can hack the core file to stop this bug from happening. PM me for details.

@bomio: This means I can possibly also solve your problem. PM me if you need help.

JannesH
jannesh
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby s » June 8th, 2010, 9:13 am

Is there a way to activate this kind of plugin restrictions on a regular WP-Buddypress install? For example, I'd like some higher level members to be able to use the "Gifts" add-on for BP, but not the free members. Is there a way to do it?
s
Guest User
Guest User

Postby jannesh » June 8th, 2010, 6:15 pm

s wrote:Is there a way to activate this kind of plugin restrictions on a regular WP-Buddypress install? For example, I'd like some higher level members to be able to use the "Gifts" add-on for BP, but not the free members. Is there a way to do it?

Yes, it is easier than WPMU but it still involve hacking the plugin itself. There is help in the documentation on the install itself. Look under the API setting for s3Member.
jannesh
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby Jason Caldwell » June 19th, 2010, 7:37 pm

jannesh wrote:
Elizabeth wrote:s2Member is compatible with BuddyPress, s2Member requires some more developer customization in order to work with WPMU. You might try finding some quotes on Elance.

Hi Elizabeth

I am one of those developers but I am having a bit of a problem. I have found a bug in s2Member that is specific to WPMU. Basically user capabilities gets overwritten when a new blog is added for that user...

FIrst, do PrimoThemes have a bugtracker where we can log these bugs so they can get fixed, or do we use this forum?

Second, I can probably find the bug myself, and will be willing to share the fix with the original developers, but any help will be appreciated. Is there somewhere documentation that will make it easier, or is the code the only source of reference?

JannesH

Hi JannesH. Sorry for my delayed response. This forum will be used for bug tracking. Also, please feel free to contact me directly, http://www.s2member.com/contact/ with any fixes that you have. I'll be taking a look at solutions for WP 3.0 Multisite very soon. Any input that you have will be much appreciated.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby jannesh » June 30th, 2010, 9:39 am

Jason Caldwell wrote:I'll be taking a look at solutions for WP 3.0 Multisite very soon. Any input that you have will be much appreciated.

The problem quoted above was resolved with WP 3.0 :)

However I have found a new bug, I will post it under a new thread...
jannesh
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby Jason Caldwell » June 30th, 2010, 5:11 pm

Great. Thanks for reporting back on this. Much appreciated!
I just replied to your other thread as well.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin