PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Protecting Posts Page

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Re: Protecting Posts Page

Postby Elizabeth » December 27th, 2002, 8:37 am

Hi,

Protecting individual Posts, ONLY protects the Permalinks for those Posts. It is still possible for excerpts of protected content to be seen in search results generated by WordPress®, feeds, and Archive views; such as your Home Page, inside a Category listing, or through other queries formulated by your theme. This is the intended functionality. Excerpts are a great way to "tease" public visitors. In other words, public visitors may have access to excerpts introduced by your theme, but any attempt to view the full Post ( i.e. the Permalink ) will result in an automatic redirect to your Membership Options Page; requiring registration. All of that being said, if you would like to protect many Posts at once ( including Archive views ), you can use Category Level Restrictions, Tag Level Restrictions, or have a look down below at s2Member's options for "Alternative View Protection", which deals with search results, as well as feeds.

You can also use Advanced Conditionals to protect certain areas of your post.
Please see this previous thread:
http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=905&start=0
Elizabeth

Protecting Posts Page

Postby djmacdonald » September 29th, 2010, 11:42 am

I beleive I came across a post stating that S2member cannot protect the posts page. is this true? I have a static landing page set as my front page which is public and want to lprotect the entire blog - all postst from public view. However, S@member does not seem capable ofdoing this. Is there a work around or can i not make my entire blog posts a members only site?
djmacdonald

Return to s2Member Plugin