PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Multi-site Share User Access

Common Questions/Problems/Tips. Posted by Administrators & Support Reps.

Multi-site Share User Access

Postby MrRough » September 18th, 2011, 4:27 pm

I am in the process of setting up a membership site and I'm looking to see if all sales copy can be contained on multiple sites and membership all on another.

Different sites with different sales content
Main site: www.domain.com
Special sale event: omgspecial.domain.com
10-day trial sales event: tendaytrial.domain.com
...etc...

Membership site, no matter where they signed up within the multisite, they can access the content based on their paid level: members.domain.com

I found a sort of recent thread at http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4443&p=11752&hilit=share+accounts#p11752 but this is speaking of a non-multisite setup.

I understand that Wordpress handles the users but I'm much more concerned with how s2Member maintains the subscription levels, that access will be maintained, credit cards charged, access canceled on declined cards, etc.

I'm hoping to do this to maintain congruity with advertising to a specific site that specifically relates to that advertisement and draws in customers to sign up. Each sub domain setup would have a specific sale or price but want to keep the access level through the multisite Once signed up they will have access to the same membership site that all users have.

Will this work with a default multisite setup? If not, how would I do this?
MrRough

Re: Multi-site Share User Access

Postby dskallman » September 18th, 2011, 4:52 pm

I think this is what you are searching for:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/mul ... anagement/

Manage in the Network Settings after it's activated.
dskallman

Postby MrRough » September 18th, 2011, 5:08 pm

Thank you for the reply. I'm concerned with how s2Member handles the user subscriptions, profiles, etc.

If a user signs up on 2freeweeks.domain.com and processes the subscriptions, can users properly access members.domain.com, edit their profile, subscription, what happens if I close off 2freeweeks.domain.com, etc.

The subscription levels will be used to access content for different levels within members.domain.com so I need to make sure the details are maintained.

Thank you again.
MrRough

Postby dskallman » September 18th, 2011, 5:12 pm

Why are you doing it on different sites, you don't need to do that. The button creation allows to you to give free access for a while. The option I sent is just for sharing users among more than one site on a multisite withe ease. Profile settings can be copied if setup properly, but they are different on each site.
dskallman

Postby MrRough » September 18th, 2011, 5:17 pm

The idea is for advertising. It's key to have a VERY congruent message from an ad to the site through signup.

If I can't accomplish this, I'll have to make some bizarre theme that changes for each promotion and I'm hoping to avoid that since it makes the management far easier.
MrRough

Postby govpatel » December 22nd, 2011, 1:37 pm

@dskallman Thank you for your post with the plugin to manage multisite users I installed the plugin and now I have all users in my list on my website admin and in S2member list.
This solved my problem
govpatel

Postby Raam Dev » December 22nd, 2011, 5:36 pm

Thank you for the update! Glad to hear you solved it. :)
Raam Dev || Wherever you are, be there. || Please rate s2Member!
Raam Dev
Developer
Developer

Return to Common Questions/Problems/Tips