PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

level0 restricted download problem

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

level0 restricted download problem

Postby halifaxious » September 30th, 2011, 10:01 am

Hi,

My links to s2member restricted files are behaving oddly. If a user is not logged and tries to access the file, they are correctly forwarded. If a user of level1 or above attempts access, it is granted. However, if a level0 user attempts access, the current page just reloads. The s2member download link is similar to this:

http://example.com/?s2member_file_downl ... nfirmation

What is happening and how do I fix it?

Thanks,
Jen
halifaxious

Re: level0 restricted download problem

Postby Cristián Lávaque » October 2nd, 2011, 2:31 am

Is the download protected at Level 0 and the user trying to download it is at Level 0 too?
Cristián Lávaque http://s2member.net
Is s2Member working for you? Please rate it Image at WordPress.org. Thanks! :)
Cristián Lávaque
Developer
Developer

Postby halifaxious » October 3rd, 2011, 7:42 am

I had the download files stored in `s2member-files`. A level0 user saw a reloaded page when clicking on the download link. A level1 got the file. And an unlogged user got forwarded to the "Signup" page. I tried moving the download files into `s2member-files/access-s2member-level1` expecting that might solve the issue. It had no effect.
halifaxious

Postby Jason Caldwell » October 7th, 2011, 7:59 pm

Thanks for reporting this important issue.
~ Sorry for the delayed response.

halifaxious wrote:I had the download files stored in `s2member-files`. A level0 user saw a reloaded page when clicking on the download link. A level1 got the file. And an unlogged user got forwarded to the "Signup" page. I tried moving the download files into `s2member-files/access-s2member-level1` expecting that might solve the issue. It had no effect.
Can you please post a screenshot of your Basic Download Restrictions panel in s2Member? Also, do you have a Download Limit Exceeded Page configured for s2Member yet? It sounds like Level #0 Users are hitting the download limit somehow? Let's take a look at your config and then I'll provide further detail based on what I see. Thanks for your patience.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby halifaxious » October 8th, 2011, 6:10 am

I don't have a 'Download Limit Exceeded' page because the limit is zero. I was expecting that level0 users will be forwarded to the Membership page, just like anonymous visitors are.

Here's the download restriction page:Image
halifaxious

Postby Jason Caldwell » October 8th, 2011, 1:39 pm

Thanks for the follow-up. OK. I see.

Well, when a User is logged-in, s2Member will look at your Basic Download Restrictions, and in your case, Level #0 Users are allowed to download zero files. Thus, s2Member redirects the logged-in User at Level #0 to your Download Limit Exceeded Page. Since you don't have a Download Limit Exceeded Page configured, s2Member redirects them to your Home Page by default. If the User were NOT logged-in, s2Member would redirect them to your Membership Options Page, but when/if they are logged-in, s2Member bases it's decision on your configuration of the Basic Download Options ( i.e. the number of files allowed in a given period ).

That being said, I do see the frustration, and I agree with you that when/if there is NOTHING configured at all for a specific Level, s2Member should use the Membership Options Page instead. I'm adding this to our TODO list for the next release. Thanks for you patience.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin