PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Using paypal created buttons

Common Questions/Problems/Tips. Posted by Administrators & Support Reps.

Re: Using paypal created buttons

Postby coachingschool » December 10th, 2011, 12:50 am

No, I haven't' tested against a default install. I get the display of the button code on the generator page but when I copy and paste it into the page, nothing shows up when I publish the page.
coachingschool

Postby Jason Caldwell » December 10th, 2011, 1:04 am

Thanks for the follow-up.
coachingschool wrote:No, I haven't' tested against a default install. I get the display of the button code on the generator page but when I copy and paste it into the page, nothing shows up when I publish the page.
Hmm, definitely sounds like a theme or plugin conflict to me. There are some plugins and also some themes which attempt to pre filter content, causing a loss of Shortcode processing.

I would suggest testing this against a default WordPress installation. Either that, or use your existing installation, but disable one other plugin at a time until the issue is resolved. Also try with a different theme. In my experience, this conflict occurs within a theme more often than it does with other plugins. Themes are more likely to have code that modifies content filters. Unfortunately, some theme developers overlook Shortcodes. Also, you might post the name and a link to the theme you're using. Perhaps I or someone else can test it for you. It may shed light on the underlying issue here.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby coachingschool » December 10th, 2011, 1:11 am

The theme is Elegance 1.4 by my site, my way.

Thanks for your support! You guys really seem to be one of the better plugin developers and support people. I really appreciate it!
coachingschool

Postby Jason Caldwell » December 10th, 2011, 2:37 am

I see. Well that's a premium theme, and I don't happen to have a copy of that theme. Perhaps someone else does, and they'll chime in. At any rate, this is a good company. I've used their themes in the past and have not had an issue. I would NOT completely rule this out though, because each of their themes are a bit different. However, I would lean more toward a plugin now that I know what company you're using.

Let us know what your tests reveal please.

Thanks for the kudos!
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Previous

Return to Common Questions/Problems/Tips