PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

AWeber Email Parser for s2Member.

Common Questions/Problems/Tips. Posted by Administrators & Support Reps.

Re: AWeber Email Parser for s2Member.

Postby Cristián Lávaque » December 11th, 2011, 2:30 am

Cool. :)
Cristián Lávaque http://s2member.net
Is s2Member working for you? Please rate it Image at WordPress.org. Thanks! :)
Cristián Lávaque
Developer
Developer

Postby ironjoe » December 11th, 2011, 9:59 am

I am initially setting up a free membership site but with required opt-in to get it. I have OP, and aweber. I created a Members Options page that has a standard squeeze page with my aweber form. When I subscribe from the Squeeze Page I don’t get anything except for the standard aweber confirm email. I’d like to get either an account and password sent to member, or a page asking to assign a password. I successfully configured the S2Members mail parser (tested it by going to the register page on my WP and it successfully sent email to aweber for subscription (though I have to turn on free subscription to allow registration). I’ve looked throughout this forum trying to find a step by step method of not using paypal and just using optin subscriptions to allow access. Can anyone provide the missing steps?
ironjoe

Postby ironjoe » December 14th, 2011, 4:55 pm

Wow, how disappointing! :-( Really thought someone here might help. I was going to the pro version here but I didn't have time to wait so I got WLM. GL
ironjoe

Postby sarahpjwhite » December 15th, 2011, 2:19 pm

Hi, I wonder if someone could offer me some help/advice? I've just installed s2Member (not Pro) onto my Wordpress site and although the register link works, the person registering doesn't get anything from AWeber (AWeber doesn't even register a new signup).

At the moment I have only level 0 as I want to add the other levels at a later date. I have made the member options, log in and private pages but haven't put the download links on the member site yet, as I have had to add an AWeber optin form above the register link on the member options page until I can solve this issue (as I can either use S2Member and have them sign up to the memberships OR have them sign up through AWeber - I can't do both).

I've gone into AWeber and added the s2Meber parser and I've enabled Paypal debugging but I don't know how to access the error files.

So, I need to know a) how to access the error files logs, b) can I add code for S2Member to my AWeber HTML code for my optin box or c) how do I get AWeber & S2Member to play nicely together?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sarah
sarahpjwhite

Postby Cristián Lávaque » December 18th, 2011, 3:47 pm

ironjoe wrote:I am initially setting up a free membership site but with required opt-in to get it. I have OP, and aweber. I created a Members Options page that has a standard squeeze page with my aweber form. When I subscribe from the Squeeze Page I don’t get anything except for the standard aweber confirm email. I’d like to get either an account and password sent to member, or a page asking to assign a password. I successfully configured the S2Members mail parser (tested it by going to the register page on my WP and it successfully sent email to aweber for subscription (though I have to turn on free subscription to allow registration). I’ve looked throughout this forum trying to find a step by step method of not using paypal and just using optin subscriptions to allow access. Can anyone provide the missing steps?

Do you mean letting the person register free and add them to AWeber in the process? Then, instead of using the AWeber opt-in form, you can simply have the person register and the s2Member List Server API will add them to AWeber. WP Admin -> s2Member -> API / List Servers -> AWeber

The registration form would be the standard WordPress one at /wp-login.php?action=register or, with s2Member Pro you have the free registration pro-form which you can add to any page/post in WordPress. WP Admin -> s2Member -> PayPal Pro-Forms -> Free Registration

You can customize the registration form fields too, to make them less or more. WP Admin -> s2Member -> General Options -> Registration/Profile

I hope that helps! Sorry I missed your posts these days, I had not noticed it here in the sub-form. :)
Cristián Lávaque
Developer
Developer

Postby Cristián Lávaque » December 18th, 2011, 3:52 pm

sarahpjwhite wrote:Hi, I wonder if someone could offer me some help/advice? I've just installed s2Member (not Pro) onto my Wordpress site and although the register link works, the person registering doesn't get anything from AWeber (AWeber doesn't even register a new signup).

At the moment I have only level 0 as I want to add the other levels at a later date. I have made the member options, log in and private pages but haven't put the download links on the member site yet, as I have had to add an AWeber optin form above the register link on the member options page until I can solve this issue (as I can either use S2Member and have them sign up to the memberships OR have them sign up through AWeber - I can't do both).

I've gone into AWeber and added the s2Meber parser and I've enabled Paypal debugging but I don't know how to access the error files.

So, I need to know a) how to access the error files logs, b) can I add code for S2Member to my AWeber HTML code for my optin box or c) how do I get AWeber & S2Member to play nicely together?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sarah

Hi Sarah.

Did you integrate AWeber with s2Member? http://www.s2member.com/api-list-servers-video/
Cristián Lávaque
Developer
Developer

Previous

Return to Common Questions/Problems/Tips