PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Flowplayer got error after s2member update to 111220

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Flowplayer got error after s2member update to 111220

Postby xigaogen » December 23rd, 2011, 11:13 pm

My site using the s2Clean theme, So use this Shortcode syntax in my WordPress:
Code: Select all
[WS-T-Video src="http://example.com/?s2member_file_download=video.flv&s2member_file_inline=yes" width="100%" height="400" autostart="false" /]

Everything were going normal when s2member was 111206, but after it update to 111216 and 111220, the Flowplayer just send error messages back to me instead show the video, the error message is :

200, Stream not found, NetStream.Play.StreamNotFound, clip: '[Clip] 'http://www. example.com /?s2member_file_download=video.flv''

Anybody have the same problem after new update with s2member?

PS: I reinstall s2member back to 111206 and Flowplayer become normal again now.
Last edited by xigaogen on December 25th, 2011, 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
xigaogen

Re: Flowplayer got error after s2member update to 111216 and

Postby Raam Dev » December 24th, 2011, 12:23 am

Hi xigaogen,

I'm looking into this issue and will get back shortly when I have more information.
Raam Dev || Wherever you are, be there. || Please rate s2Member!
Raam Dev
Developer
Developer

Postby xigaogen » December 24th, 2011, 1:14 am

OK, thank you so much.
xigaogen

Postby Raam Dev » December 24th, 2011, 10:06 am

xigaogen,

Could you try accessing the URL to the video directly (while you're logged in) to see if it loads? If it doesn't load, then it's not a problem with the player but rather with the s2Member download restrictions.

If the video loads fine when you access the URL directly in your browser, please try disabling your plugins one-by-one to see if any of those cause the problem to go away (it could be an update to another plugin that started the problem).
Raam Dev
Developer
Developer

Postby xigaogen » December 25th, 2011, 4:26 am

Hi, Raam Dev.

First thanks for your reply. And the problem I meet is really odder.

1. I update s2member to 111220 and I accessing the URL to the video directly (while I am logged in) in my browser, and the video doesn't load ! So I check the s2Member download restrictions in my panel, but can not find anything wrong in there. And I try all these five different codes but all of them not work :

[WS-T-Video src="http://example.com/?s2member_file_download=video.flv" width="600" height="338" autostart="true" /]

[WS-T-Video src="http://example.com/?s2member_file_download=video.flv&s2member_file_inline=yes" width="600" height="338" autostart="true" /]

[flowplayer src='http://example.com/?s2member_file_download=video.flv' width=600 height=338]

<div id="jw-container">JW Player® appears here.</div>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/jwplayer/jwplayer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
jwplayer("jw-container").setup({modes: /* JW Player®. */
[
/* First try psuedo-streaming with Flash® player. */
{type: "flash", provider: "http", src: "/jwplayer/player.swf",
config: {file: "/wp-content/plugins/s2member-files/s2member-file-inline/video.flv"}},
/* Shortcode equivalent: [s2File rewrite="yes" inline="yes" download="video.mp4" /] */

/* Else, try an HTML5 video tag. */
{type: "html5", provider: "video",
config: {file: "/wp-content/plugins/s2member-files/s2member-file-inline/video.flv"}},
/* Shortcode equivalent: [s2File rewrite="yes" inline="yes" download="video.mp4" /] */

/* Else, this is a safe fallback. */
{type: "download", /* Download the file. */
config: {file: "/wp-content/plugins/s2member-files/s2member-file-inline/video.flv"}}
],
/* Set video dimensions. */ width: 480, height: 270
});
</script>

<a href="http://example.com/?s2member_file_download=video.flv&s2member_file_download_key=<?php echo s2member_file_download_key("video.flv"); ?>">download here</a>

2. I re-install s2member to 111206, and everything become normal immediate! I tested all codes listing above and all of them working perfect! Also I have checked the setup of s2Member download restrictions line by line, and find nothing different with the setup of s2member 111220 (It's same).

3. I also stop the all of my plugins(but the s2member) in my site when site run with s2member 111220, and the video still doesn't load! when site run with s2member 111206, and I start all of plugins, the video can load normally.

How can I do? There are too many videos in my site and this problem let me got a terrible headache(One of the first two big)!
Last edited by xigaogen on December 25th, 2011, 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xigaogen

Re: Flowplayer got error after s2member update to 111220

Postby xigaogen » December 25th, 2011, 8:55 pm

I put these three different codes but all of them not work when with s2member 111220:

<a href="http://example.com/?s2member_file_download=dianhua.txt&s2member_file_download_key=<?php echo s2member_file_download_key("test.txt"); ?>">download here</a>

<a href="http://example.com/?s2member_file_download=test.txt&s2member_file_inline=yes">download here</a>

<a href="http://example.com/?s2member_file_download=test.txt">download here</a>

But all of them can download quickly after I re-intall back to s2member 111206.

Does anybody meet same problem with me?
xigaogen

Postby Raam Dev » December 25th, 2011, 10:11 pm

xigaogen,

I will report this to our lead developer and see if he can shed any light.

Thank you for your patience!
Raam Dev
Developer
Developer

Postby Raam Dev » December 25th, 2011, 10:20 pm

xigaogen,

Are you running the latest version of Flowplayer?
Raam Dev
Developer
Developer

Postby xigaogen » December 26th, 2011, 12:16 am

Thanks Raam Dev!

The version of FlowPlayer that I use is both 3.2.3 and 3.2.2, not the lastest version 3.2.7;
And the version of JW Player that I use is 5.8.2011.

PS: I think this problem is none of the player's business, because the common txt files also can not load when using s2member 111220, but can load with 111206.
xigaogen

Postby xigaogen » December 26th, 2011, 1:15 am

I just tested with Flowplayer's lastest version 3.2.7, it cann't show video with 111220, but can working good under 111206 too.
xigaogen

Postby xigaogen » December 27th, 2011, 8:45 am

How it's going? Raam Dev, I just sent a message to you.
xigaogen

Postby Raam Dev » December 27th, 2011, 4:10 pm

Hi xigaogen,

I sent an inquiry to Jason, our lead developer. Let's see if he can shed any light on this problem.

Thank you for your patience!
Raam Dev
Developer
Developer

Postby xigaogen » December 28th, 2011, 1:25 am

OK, thank you a lot.
xigaogen

Postby Jason Caldwell » December 30th, 2011, 3:28 pm

Thanks for the heads up on this thread.

@xigaogen. Are you running on a Windows server with Apache?
In previous versions of s2Member, if you were running on a Windows server, your s2Member-protected files would go inside /plugins/s2member-files/app_data/ on a Windows machine, regardless of which web server you were running (i.e. Apache or IIS).

However, in the latest versions of s2Member, we can detect Apache on a Windows server. If you run a Windows server, but with Apache (or an Apache-compatible) web server that supports .htaccess files; s2Member will use it's default location for protected files: /plugins/s2member-files/, and the /app_data sub-directory is not needed in this case.

Possible solution:
Move your protected files from /plugins/s2member-files/app_data/
to just /plugins/s2member-files/. I would also take a look in your Dashboard at s2Member -> Download Options -> Basic Download Restrictions. Where does s2Member say files should be?
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby xigaogen » December 31st, 2011, 5:05 am

Thank you very much Jason.

The problem is that I am already running on a Linux server from July of 2011. And all protected files are already inside directory: /plugins/s2member-files/ for a long time. There no sub-directory /app_data/ anymore on the server.

In the mail that I send to you included the password of my site and so you can take a look in my Dashboard at s2Member -> Download Options -> Basic Download Restrictions.

I feel that this is a serious problem, mybe you need to look into this problem deeply with log in my site. You can simply log in to my site and update the s2member from 111206 to 111220 and you will find the problem.

Thanks again, Jason.
xigaogen

Postby Jason Caldwell » December 31st, 2011, 6:41 am

Thank you. Investigating now.

You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby Jason Caldwell » December 31st, 2011, 8:23 am

Investigation completed.

This was related to a server-specific issue with chunked file delivery.
s2Member supports Filters for some of its more advanced options, so that it can workaround different server configurations that may conflict with chunked file delivery. I updated your installation to the latest release, and I created this hack file for you.

/wp-content/mu-plugins/s2-hacks.php
<?php
add_filter
("ws_plugin__s2member_chunk_file_downloads", "__return_false");
?>
Looking good now.

* Note. I also identified a compatibility issue with BlueHost, and we'll update s2Member in this regard, for the next official release. You can leave the s2-hacks.php file where it is, it will survive future upgrades of s2Member. That being said, you won't need that file after the next release. Again, it won't hurt to leave it where it is, but it won't be needed after the next official release.

Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby xigaogen » December 31st, 2011, 11:34 am

Thank you very much Jason!!!
All files really can be downloaded from the protect directory now, But the video still can not be played normally with Flowplayer! If you downgrade to 111206 it's still can be played normally.
Does it is about incompatibility issue with BlueHost? I need to wait to next official release of s2member? Do I understand what you said above rightly?
Or there were also some problems with Flowplayer and/or JW player? You can log in my site and try to playing a video.
xigaogen

Postby Jason Caldwell » January 2nd, 2012, 10:58 pm

Thanks for the follow-up.
I'm taking another look at this right now.

Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby Jason Caldwell » January 3rd, 2012, 3:44 am

Investigation completed.

GZIP compression MUST be disabled during s2Member's attempt to deliver a file via PHP. This is because files that s2Member delivers via PHP, are already compressed. Thus, re-compressing files delivered by a script will corrupt them in your browser. Some media playback devices will choke on this as well.

s2Member makes every attempt to programmatically disable GZIP during it's delivery of a file. However, I've just identified a case on your server where s2Member was failing to do so. Thus, you are having an issue with media playback of protected files.

This issue, as it existed on your server, was related to your use of mod_deflate to facilitate GZIP compression for files served from your site. Unfortunately, when s2Member is running on a CGI-based installation of PHP, it has only one ability to disable GZIP compression dynamically, at the Apache level. The only way for s2Member to accomplish this, is to send this header... Content-Encoding: none. However, this header goes against standards, and was thus removed in more recent versions of s2Member. It's just not a good idea to send an invalid header, it's better to solve the underlying issue.

For instance, this invalid header... Content-Encoding: none, was recently discovered to cause an issue with the WP_Http class. s2Member now empties this header, instead of setting it to (none), which is the correct standards-compliant method of saying "no GZIP here".

However, CGI-based installations of PHP do not follow this rule so well. When mod_deflate is being used in your server configuration (which is a good idea, nothing wrong with this), it will attempt to GZIP all PHP script output, regardless of content-type in many cases. This is a limitation on CGI-based installations. On installations of PHP running as an Apache module, s2Member has no trouble, because it can call upon apache_setenv("no-gzip"). It's more difficult on a CGI or FastCGI extension though.

Long story shorter here...
If you're running s2Member with mod_deflate for Apache (common on many hosts), including BlueHost... you'll want to add this section to the top of your WordPress .htaccess file, so that your installation of Apache will know when it should NOT use GZIP compression.

This has been added to your site. Please let us know if you have any further trouble.
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
   RewriteEngine On
   RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} (?:(?:^|\?|&)s2member_file_download\=.+|(?:^|/)s2member-files/.+)
   RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [E=no-gzip]
</IfModule>
* A future version of s2Member will make this recommendation during your configuration of File Downloads for s2Member. It's never a bad idea to place this in your .htaccess file, regardless of server configuration. It never hurts. We'll probably configure s2Member's UI panel with a button that will pop this in for you automatically, just to keep things simpler.

Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby xigaogen » January 3rd, 2012, 6:52 am

Thank you very much Jason! I guess you just don't sleep the whole night for this problem.

And my site looks nice now without any problem!
xigaogen

Postby ollywedgwood » January 8th, 2012, 9:03 am

Thanks so much Jason - you're a star! I had a similar problem with downloading pdf files - now solved with your .htaccess modification. Site working normally now! :)
ollywedgwood

Postby weseoin » January 19th, 2012, 3:31 am

Jason,

I use the following code you gave in this thread (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2937#p16398) to display my *restricted* videos:

<?php
$config = "{'clip':{'url':'http://example.com/?s2member_file_download=video.mp4&s2member_file_inline=yes','autoPlay':false,'scaling':'orig'}}";
?>
<embed src="flowplayer.swf" flashvars="config=<?php echo rawurlencode($config); ?>" width="100%" height="400" allowfullscreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" />

I added the 'No-GZIP' code as under in the blog's .htaccess file, but the problem '200 Stream not found, NetStream...' persisted.

I then added the 'No-GZIP' code in the .htacess file in the 's2member-files' directory. Still the problem remains!!

Jason Caldwell wrote:Investigation completed.

GZIP compression MUST be disabled during s2Member's attempt to deliver a file via PHP. This is because files that s2Member delivers via PHP, are already compressed. Thus, re-compressing files delivered by a script will corrupt them in your browser. Some media playback devices will choke on this as well.
Long story shorter here...
If you're running s2Member with mod_deflate for Apache (common on many hosts), including BlueHost... you'll want to add this section to the top of your WordPress .htaccess file, so that your installation of Apache will know when it should NOT use GZIP compression.

This has been added to your site. Please let us know if you have any further trouble.
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
   RewriteEngine On
   RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} (?:(?:^|\?|&)s2member_file_download\=.+|(?:^|/)s2member-files/.+)
   RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [E=no-gzip]
</IfModule>
weseoin

Postby weseoin » January 19th, 2012, 5:49 am

I've used the URI Level Access Restrictions for the following video, but it isn't working. Any idea why?

/wp-content/uploads/video-lessons/my-video.mp4
weseoin

Postby Jason Caldwell » January 19th, 2012, 1:56 pm

Thanks for reporting this important issue.
<?php
$config = "{'clip':{'url':'http://example.com/?s2member_file_download=video.mp4&s2member_file_inline=yes','autoPlay':false,'scaling':'orig'}}";
?>
<embed src="flowplayer.swf" flashvars="config=<?php echo rawurlencode($config); ?>" width="100%" height="400" allowfullscreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" />
I suspect that it's because of the query string on the clip URL. More recent versions of s2Member have now made it possible to link directly to protected files via s2Member's Mod-Rewrite Linkage, avoiding the use of a query string for media playback devices that have trouble with them. So here is an updated code sample that takes full advantage of this.
<?php
$config 
= "{'clip':{'url':'http://example.com/wp-content/plugins/s2member-files/s2member-file-inline/video.mp4','autoPlay':false,'scaling':'orig'}}";
?>
<embed src="flowplayer.swf" flashvars="config=<?php echo rawurlencode($config); ?>" width="100%" height="400" allowfullscreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" />
You will find further details on this in your Dashboard, under: s2Member -> Download Options -> Advanced Mod-Rewrite Linkage (recommended for media playback devices).

Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Next

Return to s2Member Plugin