PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

PayPal® IPN/PDT Services / Multiple Site Configurations

Common Questions/Problems/Tips. Posted by Administrators & Support Reps.

Re: PayPal® IPN/PDT Services / Multiple Site Configurations

Postby Peanut » January 5th, 2012, 7:13 pm

Well, I guess the next question is, is this even possible?
Peanut

Postby Peanut » January 6th, 2012, 8:56 am

Is this thing on?
Peanut

Postby Peanut » January 6th, 2012, 3:04 pm

Is there a paid answer option here? I'll gladly pay for the correct answer that I understand and can follow to completion on this issue.
Peanut

Postby Jason Caldwell » January 9th, 2012, 4:29 am

Thanks for the follow-up.
Peanut wrote:I'm a bit of a dope and having trouble figuring out how to set this up on two different sites.

I set up s2 on a website and followed all the instructions for setting up paypal. now i have a different site and all the data in paypal of course matches my first site.

i have no idea on how to make this work correctly for the second site. anybody have "second site s2member and paypal setup for beyond dummies"?
Are you running PayPal Buttons, or s2Member Pro Forms with PayPal Pro? If you're running PayPal Standard Buttons, there is nothing you need to do, other than just telling s2Member what your PDT Identity Token is. The IPN URL and PDT Return-URL are set dynamically by s2Member for each PayPal Button, and this works fine, even if you have other sites that operate from the same PayPal account.

You just need to make sure you complete these steps.

1. You MUST enable PayPal's IPN service inside your PayPal account.
With PayPal Standard Buttons, it doesn't really matter what the default IPN URL is inside your PayPal account, you just need to have IPN service enabled in your PayPal Profile. s2Member will set the correct IPN URL dynamically, for each PayPal Button, overriding whatever default value you have in your PayPal account. For further instructions, please check your Dashboard, under:
s2Member -> PayPal Options -> IPN Integration.

2. Enable Auto-Return and Payment Data Transfer (PDT) in your PayPal account, following the instructions provided in your Dashboard here: s2Member -> PayPal Options -> PDT Integration. Again, it doesn't matter what the default Auto-Return URL is inside your PayPal account, you just need to make sure Auto-Return and PDT are enabled in your PayPal account. s2Member will set the correct PDT Auto-Return URL for each PayPal Button, overriding whatever default value exists in your PayPal account.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby Peanut » January 9th, 2012, 11:00 am

Excellent! Thanks Jason.

Oddly enough, that was really simple. The instructions to get it to work are much more confusing then the actual solution. That's probably just me.
Peanut

Previous

Return to Common Questions/Problems/Tips