PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

First/Last names not collecting on registration

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

First/Last names not collecting on registration

Postby junkstar » January 21st, 2012, 3:58 am

Hi all,

I am new on this forum, but have used s2Member (+Pro) for well over a year now and think it’s fantastic. I’ve had a search for someone who’s had a similar problem, but can’t seem to find a relevant topic.

I’m having one slight problem with my current site. Basically I’ve configured s2Member to collect first/last names upon registration—but they don’t seem to be storing in the users table. Also the user seems to be added as user role ‘none’ into the table.

My setup is working in conjunction with Theme My Login (to setup custom styling/layout for my forms), which is all working flawlessly on localhost (collecting names no problem)—however, on my live server (which is a mirror of the localhost copy), the first/last names are being lost in the registration process.

Does anyone know why I might be having this problem? Is there a way to capture the form output of the registration process to help diagnose this problem better?
junkstar

Re: First/Last names not collecting on registration

Postby junkstar » January 21st, 2012, 4:13 am

Please see attached image showing ‘none’ role for user and no first/last names.
Attachments
firstlastnames.jpg
firstlastnames.jpg (17.12 KiB) Viewed 577 times
junkstar

Postby junkstar » January 21st, 2012, 5:56 pm

ISSUE RESOLVED.

The problem was a conflict with s2Member and W3 Total Cache.

The database caching option in W3 Total Cache was preventing the registration fields from being added to the database. This can be solved by either:

1. Disabling ‘Database Cache’ altogether within W3TC
2. Under ‘Database Cache’, set it to ‘Never cache the following pages’. In my case these were ‘/login/’ and ‘/register/’

Save and update the changes and the registration process should work perfectly again.
junkstar

Postby Eduan » January 21st, 2012, 6:38 pm

Good job finding that! :)
Yes, most of the issues are some kind of plugin incompatibilty. So good job finding that.

This will also be very useful in the future, thanks!
Now officially accepting Professional s2Member installations along with Bruce C (a.k.a. Ace).

If you're interested in a Professional s2Member Installation, or a Custom Coding Job, you can send your request here.
Eduan
Experienced User
Experienced User

Return to s2Member Plugin