PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Is it possible to simply generate a paypal Link to pay?

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Is it possible to simply generate a paypal Link to pay?

Postby packerfan » January 21st, 2012, 2:20 am

I am going to be releasing a product on a forum that only allows BB Code, and I have no way of putting an S2Member buy now button in there that I know of.

I'm wondering if there's a way to simply generate a link than I can attach to an image, and still have the functionality of S2member work as if it were a button from the program.

Hope that makes sense. It's late here. Basically I need a solution for putting a S2 Buy now button in a forum post.

Thanks,
Paul
packerfan

Re: Is it possible to simply generate a paypal Link to pay?

Postby Cristián Lávaque » January 22nd, 2012, 8:56 pm

Hi Paul. Sure, you can use the shortcode to output the button URL to then use it elsewhere. Make sure you're logged out when you generate it. WP Admin -> s2Member -> PayPal Buttons -> Shortcode Attributes -> output

I hope that helps. :)
Cristián Lávaque http://s2member.net
Is s2Member working for you? Please rate it Image at WordPress.org. Thanks! :)
Cristián Lávaque
Developer
Developer

Postby packerfan » January 22nd, 2012, 9:44 pm

I apologize, But I don't understand.

When I check the output in my shortcode for a previously generated button it just shows output="button"

I'm assuming I replace that button with a URL, but what URL? Sorry, this is my first time use S2member and it's kinda confusing for a newbie.

I see this in the section you are talking about "output="button" Output Type. Possible values: button = PayPal® Button w/hidden inputs, anchor = PayPal® Button ( <a> anchor tag ) URL w/ ?query string, url = raw URL w/ ?query string."

How do I change that output to give me a link instead of "button"
packerfan

Postby Raam Dev » January 23rd, 2012, 6:07 pm

Hello,

When you generate a button, you'll have a button shortcode that you can place on your WordPress post/page. The shortcode might look something like this:

Code: Select all
[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="1" ccaps="" desc="Bronze Member / description and pricing details here." ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="raam.websharks-inc.net" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="0.01" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="button" /]

When you put that shortcode on your post/page, s2Member converts that shortcode into the PayPal button image for people to click on.

However, if you want s2Member to output a link instead of the PayPal Button, simply change the output="button" attribute to read output="url".

When you do that and then view the page, you'll see a really long URL (it's long because it's encrypted) and you can copy and paste that URL to wherever you need to make the link.

Again, you need to change the output= attribute to url and then view the post/page where that shortcode is located so that s2Member converts the shortcode into the URL. Once you generate and copy the URL, you can delete that page.

Does that make sense?
Raam Dev || Wherever you are, be there. || Please rate s2Member!
Raam Dev
Developer
Developer

Postby packerfan » January 23rd, 2012, 6:43 pm

I think so, let me try... If I can get this to work my life becomes a whole lot easier! No more manually adding members
packerfan

Return to s2Member Plugin