PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

So confused

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

So confused

Postby Stephem » January 23rd, 2012, 10:18 pm

Ok,

I'm trying to use the custom return url "success" feature on my Paypal Pro forms. Paypal Checkout is the only payment option available atm.

Anyway, the process works fine. Once the Paypal checkout is completed though, it returns the customer to the Paypal form page and says "Thank you. Your account has been approved" at the top. It appears as though the whole "success" option isn't being used at all? Here is my code:

Code: Select all
[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="1" ccaps="" desc="$1 AUD / One Time ( for 1 year access, non-recurring )" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="AUD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.suicidepreventionaust.org" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="1" rp="1" rt="Y" rr="0" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="" captcha="0" success="http://www.suicidepreventionaust.org/registration" /]

I'm starting to get a little fed up with this plugin. I've basically come to a point where i'm completely confused about the whole thing. Note: the success options works on the Paypal Pro Free Registration form.
Last edited by Stephem on January 24th, 2012, 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stephem

Re: So confused

Postby Stephem » January 23rd, 2012, 10:24 pm

Oh, and one more thing.

Under s2Member > General Options > Email Configuration

This email is sent to all new Users/Members. It should always contain their Username/Password. In addition to this email, s2Member will also send new paying Customers a Signup Confirmation Email, which you can customize from your Dashboard, under: s2Member -> PayPal® Options. You may wish to customize these emails further, by providing details that are specifically geared to your site.

The email here is sent to new users, but the additional email located in s2Member -> PayPal® Options > Signup Confirmation Email (Pro Form) is NOT sent.
Stephem

Postby Stephem » January 24th, 2012, 6:23 am

So i've now looked at the logs. I notice i only get one logged file (paypal-api.log), no log referring to the ipn? Is this where the problem is occuring? I've checked over my Paypal details at least 10 times.

Within the log i see this

'METHOD' => 'SetExpressCheckout',
  'RETURNURL' => 'https://suicidepreventionaust.org/membership/individual-concession/?s2-ssl=yes&s2member_paypal_xco=s2member_pro_paypal_checkout_return',
  'CANCELURL' => 'https://suicidepreventionaust.org/membership/individual-concession/?s2-ssl=yes&s2member_paypal_xco=s2member_pro_paypal_checkout_cancel',

It appears as though the return url is being set there and completely ignoring the success attribute?
Stephem

Postby Raam Dev » January 26th, 2012, 12:18 pm

In your paypal-ipn.log you should have something like the following:

's2member_paypal_proxy_return_url' => 'http://example.com/my-success-return-url',

If you don't have that, then I'd say something is broken with your IPN Integration and/or PDT/Auto-Return Integration. Please double-check the settings and configuration under WP Admin -> s2Member -> PayPal Options -> PayPal IPN Integration and WP Admin -> s2Member -> PayPal Options -> PayPal PDT/Auto-Return Integration.
Raam Dev || Wherever you are, be there. || Please rate s2Member!
Raam Dev
Developer
Developer

Postby Stephem » January 27th, 2012, 4:39 am

Raam,

I do not get a paypal-ipn.log when someone signs up, just the paypal-api.log file. I've looked over those options you mentioned 1000 times and they are correct.

Interestingly enough when i just refunded a subscription the paypal-ipn.log file did pop up (along with paypal-rtn.log) showing information about the refund.

Any ideas?
Stephem

Postby Raam Dev » January 28th, 2012, 8:33 pm

Are you using PayPal Pro or Express Checkout?

There should be something in your
paypal-ipn.log
file after a successful signup. The only things I can think of that would cause that not to happen would be if you were using a PayPal generated button (as opposed to the one generated by s2Member), or if your IPN configuration OR your PDT/Auto-Return configuration were incorrect.
Raam Dev
Developer
Developer

Postby Stephem » January 29th, 2012, 7:45 pm

Thats what i'm confused about.

I'm using the Paypal Pro form generated code, so why would it be using Express Checkout?

I'm not even 100% sure if they have Paypal Pro activated on their paypal account because i don't have access to it anymore. Could this be the issue? But if that's the case, why is the form working at all?
Stephem

Postby Raam Dev » January 31st, 2012, 5:09 pm

The Pro-Forms do not require PayPal Pro; they can be used with Express Checkout:

NOTE: PayPal® Pro is NOT Absolutely Required. s2Member Pro is very flexible. It is now possible to integrate Pro Forms without a PayPal® Pro account, whereby the enhanced Form Shortcodes that s2Member provides can be integrated ONLY with PayPal® Express Checkout. In other words, if you get declined for PayPal® Pro service, you can still use s2Member Pro Forms.

Ask PayPal® to activate Express Checkout for you. ( it's free ). Once Express Checkout is enabled, you will have access to your PayPal® API Credentials. Log into your PayPal® account, and navigate to Profile -> Request API Credentials. You'll choose ( PayPal® API ), and then choose ( Create Your Own ).

Now ... whenever you generate a Pro Form Shortcode with s2Member, be sure to change accept="paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro,solo" to just accept="paypal"; thereby excluding the on-site credit card processing functionality; which is available only with PayPal® Pro.

See here for more info: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=304
Raam Dev
Developer
Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin