PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

[RESOLVED] Download Zip files now works

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

[RESOLVED] Download Zip files now works

Postby Judith » January 23rd, 2012, 10:54 pm

Everything on my site worked until updating WordPress and s2 member yesterday. And yes, I checked to see that s2 member was compatible with Wordpress 3.3.1.

Now, all the download links to my video products will not work. Not in my member area or specific product pages which are protected.

I have checked all the coding and everything is fine per s2member Download Options. After 2 hours of futzing with all the codes offered to use, I deleted s2 member and reinstalled it manually using FTP.

Still the problem exists.

When I click on the download buttons (which used to work before the update), nothing happens in Firefox. When I used Internet Explorer, it couldn't "Display the page."

What's supposed to happen is the dialog box coming up with the choice "to open or save" and then download should begin. It's not. Nothing happens.

All the videos are in zip files in the protected s2member-files folder. Yes, that folder is in the right spot.

I am at a loss as to how to fix this. Any suggestions, helpful ideas would be so appreciated.

Judith
Last edited by Judith on January 26th, 2012, 6:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Judith

Re: Downloading Products Code won't work

Postby Judith » January 24th, 2012, 12:32 am

I did a test with a straight download link (not in a protected folder) with button and the dialog box came up and worked. So the problem is with s2 member. Please someone help so I can get back to doing business.
Judith

Re: Downloading Products Code won't work- Error Log Included

Postby Judith » January 24th, 2012, 1:14 pm

This is from the error log of S-2 Member only last few lines shown - Please I need help to correct this:

[24-Jan-2012 03:05:26] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function ws_plugin__s2member_configure_options_and_their_defaults() in /home3/(taken out for protection)/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member/s2member.php on line 141

[24-Jan-2012 05:43:03] PHP Warning: include_once() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening '/home3/(taken out for protection)/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member/includes/funcs.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib64/php:/usr/lib/php') in /home3/(taken out for protection)/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member/s2member.php on line 145
[24-Jan-2012 05:43:03] PHP Warning: include_once(/home3/(taken out for protection)/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member/includes/codes.inc.php) [<a href='function.include-once'>function.include-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /(taken out for protection)/wp-content/plugins/s2member/s2member.php on line 149
[24-Jan-2012 05:43:03] PHP Warning: include_once() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening '/home3/(taken out for protection)/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member/includes/codes.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib64/php:/usr/lib/php') in /home3/(taken out for protection)/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member/s2member.php on line 149
Judith

Re: Downloading Products Code won't work- Error Log Included

Postby Judith » January 24th, 2012, 5:27 pm

Still having this problem. Please I need a solution. Site has been down for 2 days.
Judith

Re: [RESOLVED] Download now works

Postby Judith » January 24th, 2012, 8:53 pm

I went back to Version 111206 and my download links now work so I'm not upgrading until the new version gets fixed. I checked all my plugins before I did this and none of them conflicted.
Judith

Postby Jason Caldwell » January 24th, 2012, 9:09 pm

Hi Judith. Thanks for reporting this important issue.

These errors indicate to me that your installation of s2Member has become corrupted in some way. Or, that your upload of the /s2member/ directory did not finish, and that some files are missing. I'm not aware of any bugs like this in the current release of s2Member v111220.

What directory did you upload the /s2member/ folder to?
What version were you upgrading from please?

You should have this structure:
/wp-content/plugins/s2member/s2member.php
(along with several others files/directories of course)

Code: Select all
[24-Jan-2012 03:05:26] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function ws_plugin__s2member_configure_options_and_their_defaults() in /home3/(taken out for protection)/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member/s2member.php on line 141

[24-Jan-2012 05:43:03] PHP Warning: include_once() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening '/home3/(taken out for protection)/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member/includes/funcs.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib64/php:/usr/lib/php') in /home3/(taken out for protection)/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member/s2member.php on line 145
[24-Jan-2012 05:43:03] PHP Warning: include_once(/home3/(taken out for protection)/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member/includes/codes.inc.php) [<a href='function.include-once'>function.include-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /(taken out for protection)/wp-content/plugins/s2member/s2member.php on line 149
[24-Jan-2012 05:43:03] PHP Warning: include_once() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening '/home3/(taken out for protection)/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member/includes/codes.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib64/php:/usr/lib/php') in /home3/(taken out for protection)/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member/s2member.php on line 149
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby esmale » January 24th, 2012, 10:33 pm

Hi all,

I'm experiencing a problem similar to that reported by Judith. I have s2member 111220 and WordPress 3.3.1.

I have a CCAP protected file as follows: '/s2member-files/access-s2member-ccap-twp1001/<filename.zip>'

I've also set up conditionals via the [_s2If current_user_can(access_s2member_ccap_twp1001)] shortcode so that if the user has proper access, the page presents a download link (if not, the page presents a Buy Now PayPal button).

When the download link is clicked, the Confirm File Download box comes up (there are unlimited downloads). When I click 'OK' the browser status bar states "Waiting for <my host>...' but the box to Save or Open the file does not appear. If I click on the download link again, I get the same Confirm File Download box, but the number of downloads is incremented by 1 (so s2Member did count the download, even though the Save/Open dialogue never appeared).

I moved the file to the '/s2member-files/' directory to see if the problem was the CCAP. Unfortunately, I get the same behaviour. I verified that my Inline File Extensions does not include *.zip. I've also tried *pdf files with the same result.

I also tried moving the ZIP file to an unprotected directory, and it downloads fine. It appears that the issue is my s2member configuration, but after scouring the various options, I cannot find what's causing the problem.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions?

Cheers,
-Erin

UPDATE: added WP version number.
esmale

Postby Jason Caldwell » January 24th, 2012, 10:43 pm

Hi Erin. It's possible that you're experiencing a conflict with GZIP on your server.

Please add this to the top of your /.htaccess file.
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
   RewriteEngine On
   RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} (?:(?:^|\?|&)s2member_file_download\=.+|(?:^|/)s2member-files/.+)
   RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [E=no-gzip]
</IfModule>

You will find further details on this GZIP fix here. See: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16510&p=60958#p59497 Please write me back if this remains an issue.

Are you running Apache? Or another web server like Nginx or LiteSpeed?
Do you have any PHP-based output compression configured on your server or within PHP scripts?

You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby esmale » January 24th, 2012, 10:57 pm

Hi Jason,

Interesting...Here's an odd thing: when I go to '/s2member-files/' I don't see an .htaccess file. Seems to me that could be the problem... :?

I can add an .htaccess file - can you provide the proper content?

In answer to your other questions, I'm running Apache 2.2.21 via Bluehost. I don't believe there are any specific compression routines. Let's try adding an .htaccess file first and see if that doesn't sort it?

Cheers,
-Erin
esmale

Postby Judith » January 24th, 2012, 11:02 pm

Erin, you might have to un-hide your .htaccess file to see it. And I'm glad to know I'm not the only one having this problem. It was getting a little lonely (smile).
Judith

Re: Download now works but someone else has a similar proble

Postby Jason Caldwell » January 24th, 2012, 11:14 pm

You should have an .htaccess file the main directory of your WordPress installation. That's where those lines go please. If you don't have an .htaccess file in the main directory, please create one.

/.htaccess ( main WordPress directory )
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
   RewriteEngine On
   RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} (?:(?:^|\?|&)s2member_file_download\=.+|(?:^|/)s2member-files/.+)
   RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [E=no-gzip]
</IfModule>

Now, you should also have an .htaccess file in your /s2member-files/ directory. If you don't please re-install s2Member and that will create the proper .htaccess file. Either that, or add this .htaccess file.

/wp-content/plugins/s2member-files/.htaccess
Options +FollowSymLinks -MultiViews -Indexes

<IfModule mod_env.c>
   SetEnv no-gzip 1
</IfModule>

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
   RewriteEngine On
   RewriteBase /

RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_ms_scan} !^complete$
   RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} ^(?:GET|HEAD)(?:[\ ]+)(?:/)([_0-9a-zA-Z\-]+/)(?:wp-content/)
   RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [E=s2member_file_ms_scan:complete,E=s2_blog:%1]

RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_download_scan} !^complete$
   RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [E=s2member_file_download_scan:complete,E=s2member_file_download:$1]

RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_download} ^(.*?)(?:s2member-file-stream/)(.+)$
   RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [N,E=s2member_file_download:%1%2,E=s2member_file_stream:&s2member_file_stream=yes]

RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_download} ^(.*?)(?:s2member-file-stream-(.+?)/)(.+)$
   RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [N,E=s2member_file_download:%1%3,E=s2member_file_stream:&s2member_file_stream=%2]

RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_download} ^(.*?)(?:s2member-file-inline/)(.+)$
   RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [N,E=s2member_file_download:%1%2,E=s2member_file_inline:&s2member_file_inline=yes]

RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_download} ^(.*?)(?:s2member-file-inline-(.+?)/)(.+)$
   RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [N,E=s2member_file_download:%1%3,E=s2member_file_inline:&s2member_file_inline=%2]

RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_download} ^(.*?)(?:s2member-file-storage-(.+?)/)(.+)$
   RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [N,E=s2member_file_download:%1%3,E=s2member_file_storage:&s2member_file_storage=%2]

RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_download} ^(.*?)(?:s2member-file-remote/)(.+)$
   RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [N,E=s2member_file_download:%1%2,E=s2member_file_remote:&s2member_file_remote=yes]

RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_download} ^(.*?)(?:s2member-file-remote-(.+?)/)(.+)$
   RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [N,E=s2member_file_download:%1%3,E=s2member_file_remote:&s2member_file_remote=%2]

RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_download} ^(.*?)(?:s2member-file-ssl/)(.+)$
   RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [N,E=s2member_file_download:%1%2,E=s2member_file_ssl:&s2member_file_ssl=yes]

RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_download} ^(.*?)(?:s2member-file-ssl-(.+?)/)(.+)$
   RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [N,E=s2member_file_download:%1%3,E=s2member_file_ssl:&s2member_file_ssl=%2]

RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_download} ^(.*?)(?:s2member-file-download-key-(.+?)/)(.+)$
   RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [N,E=s2member_file_download:%1%3,E=s2member_file_download_key:&s2member_file_download_key=%2]

RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_download} ^(.*?)(?:s2member-skip-confirmation/)(.+)$
   RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [N,E=s2member_file_download:%1%2,E=s2member_skip_confirmation:&s2member_skip_confirmation=yes]

RewriteCond %{ENV:s2member_file_download} ^(.*?)(?:s2member-skip-confirmation-(.+?)/)(.+)$
   RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [N,E=s2member_file_download:%1%3,E=s2member_skip_confirmation:&s2member_skip_confirmation=%2]

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ %{ENV:s2_blog}?s2member_file_download=%{ENV:s2member_file_download}%{ENV:s2member_file_stream}%{ENV:s2member_file_inline}%{ENV:s2member_file_storage}%{ENV:s2member_file_remote}%{ENV:s2member_file_ssl}%{ENV:s2member_file_download_key}%{ENV:s2member_skip_confirmation} [QSA,L]
</IfModule>

<IfModule !mod_rewrite.c>
   deny from all
</IfModule>

Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby esmale » January 24th, 2012, 11:23 pm

@Judith: Arrgh! Yes, un-hiding files revealed the .htaccess. Thanks for the nudge! Now I feel shame :?

@Jason: I added the section you provided, but no joy. Same behaviour as before. This occurs for the ZIP file mentioned as well as a test PDF and (recently) a test PNG.

It truly appears that the problem is with s2Member. Whether that's the server or my config remains to be seen...

Cheers,
-Erin
esmale

Postby Jason Caldwell » January 24th, 2012, 11:34 pm

Hey guys. Thanks for your patience.

In our forums here you'll see there are some other server conflicts that can arise in regards to chunked file delivery and/or flushed file delivery. Here are some additional tweaks we've made available to help workaround these issues on different hosts. With each new release we are tweaking this further to maximize compatibility, but these you can use now to workaround some known issues across different server configurations, particularly with Nginx and LiteSpeed (i.e non-Apache servers).

Disable chunked file delivery and re-test.
Create this directory and file:
/wp-content/mu-plugins/s2-hacks.php
( these are MUST USE plugins, see: http://codex.wordpress.org/Must_Use_Plugins )
<?php add_filter("ws_plugin__s2member_chunk_file_downloads", "__return_false"); ?>

Disable both chunked & flushed file delivery, and re-test.
Create this directory and file:
/wp-content/mu-plugins/s2-hacks.php
( these are MUST USE plugins, see: http://codex.wordpress.org/Must_Use_Plugins )
<?php
add_filter
("ws_plugin__s2member_chunk_file_downloads", "__return_false");
add_filter("ws_plugin__s2member_flush_file_downloads", "__return_false");
?>

In either case, please make sure that you've completed the .htaccess tweaks I posted above in their entirety. These are not required on most common server configurations, but they can assist in working around issues that might be affecting you. If all else fails, please check your server error log, or your PHP error log for anything that might shed light on a conflict that exists with your installation.

It's also a good idea to disable any type of PHP-based output compression such as ob_gzhandler, or zlib.output_compression. If you would like to enable GZIP compression, please steer away from using PHP-based output compression. See: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16927&p=61063#p61063

Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby esmale » January 24th, 2012, 11:39 pm

OK, I backed up the existing .htacces and replaced it with the one Jason provided.

In FF 9.x, I clicked on the ZIP, PDF, and PNG download links and got the Save/Open dialogue. However, when I clicked on them again, I got the Confirm File Download box, clicked OK, and got the same behaviour as before.

Switched to IE 8.x and was successful with the PDF and PNG downloads (they appeared inline, as confirmed by my Inline File Extensions dialogue). However, the ZIP download failed and gave me an error: after the Confirm File Download box, I got a page stating that "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". There was no Save/Open dialogue.

I added the rewrite option that Jason suggested here, but same behaviour - the problem does seem to be with downloading ZIP files.

Cheers,
-Erin
esmale

Postby esmale » January 24th, 2012, 11:54 pm

Hi Jason,

I'm using the .htaccess file you provided and tried both s2-hacks.php scripts. I still get the Confirm File Download box, but both resulted in a screen of unreadable characters (same behaviour for ZIP, PDF, and PNG). So it definitely made a difference, but didn't fix the issue.

The weird thing is that, on very (very, very) few occasions, the links did provide a Save/Open dialogue box. Do you think this is a server-side issue I should take up with my host, or do you think it's an s2Member config issue?

Given the behaviour, and the fact that I'm pretty sure I followed the s2Member instructions carefully, I'm inclined to believe its something on Bluehost. That said, they're pretty open to PHP mods on a directory-by-directory level (via .htaccess) but I don't want to rule out a problem with my config.

So...what else you got? ;)

Cheers,
-Erin
esmale

Postby Jason Caldwell » January 24th, 2012, 11:58 pm

Hi Erin. If possible, please send me a Dashboard login and FTP access. I'll be happy to run diagnostics for you to resolve this. If that's possible, please use this private contact form. See: http://www.s2member.com/contact/

Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby Jason Caldwell » January 24th, 2012, 11:58 pm

I extend the same offer to Judith.

Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby Judith » January 25th, 2012, 1:01 am

Already sent my information about 4 hours or more ago using the contact form. I think I'll pass on the help until you find out what Erin's problem is as we have the same one. Everything he explained was what was happening to me. I only have .zip downloads.

Planning on notifying my list of a sale tomorrow and want all my zip files working. The back version I mentioned above has no conflict with WordPress 3.3.1 so I'm good for now.
Judith

Postby esmale » January 25th, 2012, 9:13 am

Jason Caldwell wrote:Hi Erin. If possible, please send me a Dashboard login and FTP access. I'll be happy to run diagnostics for you to resolve this.

Hi Jason,

Sure thing - I'll send the credentials tonight (after 8:30pm EST).

Cheers,
-Erin
esmale

Postby Jason Caldwell » January 25th, 2012, 2:14 pm

Thank you. We will await your reply.

Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby Judith » January 26th, 2012, 2:28 pm

Jason, did you come up with a solution for this?
Judith

Postby esmale » January 26th, 2012, 3:40 pm

Hi Judith,

I had some "time management challenges" last night, and did not send the requested login credentials to Jason until early this morning. I can't speak for Jason, but I suspect more time is needed.

Cheers,
-Erin
esmale

Postby Judith » January 26th, 2012, 4:00 pm

Thanks I'll wait :-) Just curious because I'd like to use the most current version if there is a fix.
Judith

Postby Jason Caldwell » January 26th, 2012, 4:37 pm

Thanks. Details received. I'll be taking a look at this shortly.

Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby Jason Caldwell » January 26th, 2012, 5:18 pm

Investigation completed.
~You should be good now Erin.

I implemented both of the .htaccess files that I described here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17001#p61493

Seems to be working properly now. Please review your modified .htaccess files here:
/.htaccess
/wp-content/plugins/s2member-files/.htaccess

* Note. It looks like you may have tried this yourself, but when you copied from the forum, you ended up with extra spaces in the front of some important directives. I'm attaching a ZIP file that contains both of these files with proper formatting for the benefit of other readers, just in case corruption was the cause of your problem before.
htaccess-instructions.zip
(1.13 KiB) Downloaded 53 times

Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Next

Return to s2Member Plugin