PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Can´t get auto caching to work

Quick Cache Plugin. Speeds up WordPress®.

Can´t get auto caching to work

Postby Antoni » January 24th, 2012, 6:38 pm

First of all I would like to thank you for the great plugin that is, in my opinion, the best caching plugin so far. I have installed it in one of my site. I enabled it, included the path to the sitmap.xml and I enabled the auto caching engine in the hope of generating the cached version of all my pages. But unfortunatly It doesn´t generate the cache automatically and I should admit that this is the most important feature for me in quick cache. I checked everywhere but no clues. I include the following error log in case it helps solve the problem I have.

[Tue Jan 24 06:53:52 2012] [error] [client 192.168.20.29] PHP Warning: fsockopen() [<a href='function.fsockopen'>function.fsockopen</a>]: unable to connect to mydomain.com:80 (Connection refused) in /var/nas/jails/mydomain.com/home/user/www/_itq/wp-content/plugins/generate-cache/functions.php on line 110, referer: http://mydomain.com/staff/administration

I would be very thankful if you could help me with this problem that is driving me crazy. Thanks in advance
Antoni

Re: Can´t get auto caching to work

Postby Bruce C » January 24th, 2012, 7:27 pm

according to this, you have a plugin called Generate Cache, try disabling and deleting it and see if it helps.
~Bruce ( a.k.a. Ace )

If you're interested in a Professional Installation, or Custom Coding Job, you can send your request here.

Proud Supporter of:
The Zeitgeist Movement
and Occupy Everything
Bruce C
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby Antoni » January 25th, 2012, 9:37 am

Hi Bruce C. Thanks a lot for you quick reply. You are right the error I got doesn´t have to do with quick cache. In fact it was caused by generate cache plugin. I have removed it, but now I get the following error in my error log and I still can´t make quick cache auto-generate the cache.

[Wed Jan 25 10:44:54 2012] [error] [client 192.168.20.29] ALERT - script tried to increase memory_limit to 268435456 bytes which is above the allowed value (attacker '83.49.32.241', file '/var/nas/jails/mydomain.com/home/user/www/_itq/wp-admin/admin.php', line 109), referer: http://mydomain.com/_itq/wp-admin/admin ... he-options

Does quick cache need a lot of memory in order for it to work properly? or is there anything I m doing wrong? Thanks again for your help.
Antoni

Postby Bruce C » January 25th, 2012, 1:24 pm

You should be able to set the amount of memory to use at that link that the error gave you.
~Bruce ( a.k.a. Ace )

If you're interested in a Professional Installation, or Custom Coding Job, you can send your request here.

Proud Supporter of:
The Zeitgeist Movement
and Occupy Everything
Bruce C
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby Barblie » January 26th, 2012, 7:08 pm

i have the same issue. I just activated and enable quick cache. As i am a novice at this, i wanted a good cache, and an easy one. This was very easy, however after i enabled the program, i logged out as instructed and did not see anything in the view source. i refreshed and still nothing.

i went back in and manually cleared the cache. and i do see it worked on the view source. However, this is set up with your original config. I need to have this working automatically. Can you tell me what is wrong and how i can fix this. i am currently on 3.3 Please help as i have no other cache program nor have i ever used one.

Barb
Barblie

Postby Bruce C » January 26th, 2012, 7:20 pm

I'm not an expert on how these work, but it sounds like for some larger sites, Quick Cache runs out of memory while caching pages. I would ask your hosting provider if they know any way to allocate more memory the the quick cache plugin.
~Bruce ( a.k.a. Ace )

Proud Supporter of:
The Zeitgeist Movement
and Occupy Everything
Bruce C
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby Bruce C » January 26th, 2012, 7:20 pm

I'm not an expert on how these work, but it sounds like for some larger sites, Quick Cache runs out of memory while caching pages. I would ask your hosting provider if they know any way to allocate more memory the the quick cache plugin.
~Bruce ( a.k.a. Ace )

Proud Supporter of:
The Zeitgeist Movement
and Occupy Everything
Bruce C
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby Barblie » January 26th, 2012, 8:01 pm

i find that to be unusual, as i just started this site. in fact, though we are live, we will actually start trying to promote next week. so being large doesnt really fit in this case
Barblie

Postby Bruce C » January 26th, 2012, 8:06 pm

It looks like quick cache needs right about 2G of RAM on the server to work correctly, what are your server specifications?
~Bruce ( a.k.a. Ace )

Proud Supporter of:
The Zeitgeist Movement
and Occupy Everything
Bruce C
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby Barblie » January 26th, 2012, 9:00 pm

have no idea, i use hostgator.
Barblie

Postby Bruce C » January 26th, 2012, 9:35 pm

Is it a Virtual Dedicated Server, or are you on their cloud?
~Bruce ( a.k.a. Ace )

Proud Supporter of:
The Zeitgeist Movement
and Occupy Everything
Bruce C
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby Barblie » January 26th, 2012, 10:01 pm

not a dedicated server, not big enough at this time.
Barblie

Return to Quick Cache Plugin