PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Redirect broken member options page

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Redirect broken member options page

Postby rguptaca » January 21st, 2012, 11:53 pm

If a user in not logged in and they try and access http://tvta.ca/members-only/ the redirection to the member options page works.

If a user is logged in with membership level 0 or level 1 all I see is a blank page when I try and access that page. Nothing loads.

http://tvta.ca/members-only/membership- ... er_seeking[type]=page&_s2member_seeking[page]=414&_s2member_seeking[_uri]=L21lbWJlcnMtb25seS8%3D&_s2member_req[type]=level&_s2member_req[level]=1&_s2member_res[type]=page&s2member_seeking=page-414&s2member_level_req=1

WordPress 3.2.1
Secure WordPress Version 2.0.7
Wordpress Firewall 2 Version 1.3
WP Security Scan Version 3.0.9
rguptaca

Re: Redirect broken member options page

Postby Eduan » January 22nd, 2012, 7:53 am

Could you try making a compatibility test with the other plugins and themes? It might be a conflicting theme the one causing the problems.

Just disable each plugin one by one (without including s2Member) until the problem goes away. If you can't make the changes site-wide because you already have users or somethings like that, you can use the Plugin Organizer plugin if you want in order to only disable the plugin on the page with the problem.

Also could you please try changing the theme to the default one (TwentyEleven)? And see if it works after that. Again, if you can't disable the theme in a site-wide manner you can use the Page Theme plugin in order to change the theme to the default theme in a specific page.

You should try one at a time in order to make sure you find the correct problem.

Another fast way is to deactivate all the plugins (not s2Member) and change back to the default theme (TwentyEleven), and then clear your browser's cache. See if the problem goes away, if it does, then activate each plugin one per one until the problem appears again, then the theme you were using, that should show up the criminal.

If you find the criminal, could you please tell me which plugin/theme was causing the problems? Thanks.

Please tell me how it goes and I hope this helps. :)
Now officially accepting Professional s2Member installations along with Bruce C (a.k.a. Ace).

If you're interested in a Professional s2Member Installation, or a Custom Coding Job, you can send your request here.
Eduan
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby rguptaca » January 26th, 2012, 7:21 pm

Thank you for your help:)
The culprit is Secure WordPress Version 2.0.7.
Theme Twenty Ten 1.3 by the WordPress team
Same problem with Twenty Eleven 1.3.
What should I do next. I do not want to permanently deactivate Secure WordPress.
rguptaca

Postby cclambie » January 26th, 2012, 10:50 pm

Why don't you do what @Eduan suggested and only deactivate it on that certain page?

I have to say thanks for pointing that plugin out to me, I have installed it and have had no issues with it.
cclambie

Postby Eduan » January 27th, 2012, 9:42 am

@cclambie:
Glad I was able to help. :)
Now officially accepting Professional s2Member installations along with Bruce C (a.k.a. Ace).

If you're interested in a Professional s2Member Installation, or a Custom Coding Job, you can send your request here.
Eduan
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby rguptaca » January 28th, 2012, 2:38 pm

I deactivate all plugins except s2member.
Problem goes away.
Activated only Secure Wordpress.
Problem comes back.
Secure Wordpress has a setting "Protect WordPress against malicious URL requests" which when deactivated removes the problem. I however do not want to run my site without this protection. I have been the unfortunate victim of a hacker in the past. Since then I have taken a number of steps to harden the site one of them is to install Secure Wordpress.
With regards to "only deactivate it on that certain page" what do you mean? Secure WordPress by WebsiteDefender does not have the option to target specific pages for protection. It protects the entire site as far as I know.
rguptaca

Postby Eduan » January 28th, 2012, 3:10 pm

Thanks for reporting back! :) Really appreciate it!

What you can do is disable Secure WordPress on the page which has the problems using the Plugin Organizer plugin, which allows you to specify which plugins are active in certain pages.

Try that and tell me how it goes.

Hope this helps. :)

Eduan
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby rguptaca » February 1st, 2012, 6:19 pm

I installed Version 1.1 | By Jeff Sterup
Went to URL Admin
Added http://tvta.ca/restricted-page/ and disabled Secure Wordpress
Problem persists.
Secure Wordpress acts at the site leve and didn't think this approach work work but tried anyway.
The key observation for me is that when not logged in the redirection works fine. The problem only shows us when logged in with a level 0/subscriber account.
rguptaca

Postby niiki » February 2nd, 2012, 1:07 am

Thought I'd jump in - I have exactly the same problem. Secure WordPress disabled, S2Member redirect works fine. Secure WordPress enabled, white screen, membership options page won't load.
Tried installing Plugin Organizer and disabled Secure WordPress on Membership Options page, no change. In fact back end and front end went all wobbly on me and wouldn't behave until I uninstalled Plugin Organizer logged out and logged back in again.
Any other suggestions??
niiki

Return to s2Member Plugin