PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Homepage's Navigation Menu Is Different From Other Pages.

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Homepage's Navigation Menu Is Different From Other Pages.

Postby OWeekly » January 20th, 2012, 9:17 am

Hi all,
http://optionsweekly.org/ the homepage is a static page that I chose to be the homepage, and it has got a top header navigation menu, that does not matches with the rest of the other pages, i.e http://optionsweekly.org/track-record or http://optionsweekly.org/john-mylant ...

I have no clue what I may or may not have done, so any help would be great.. Thanks.
s2member rocks!

Allan
OWeekly

Re: Homepage's Navigation Menu Is Different From Other Pages

Postby Cristián Lávaque » January 20th, 2012, 10:18 pm

I see the same navigation at the top of both. Have you tried viewing them logged out of your account? I'm guessing that the differences are from the access to the protected content, since the nav. menus are affected by the Alt. View protection setting. WP Admin -> s2Member -> Restriction Options -> Alternative View

I hope that helps. :)
Cristián Lávaque http://s2member.net
Is s2Member working for you? Please rate it Image at WordPress.org. Thanks! :)
Cristián Lávaque
Developer
Developer

Postby OWeekly » January 21st, 2012, 3:05 am

Hi Cristian,
I have checked the settings (see attached Naverror.png) and I did not protect the Nav menu, so it should be showing every thing the same on every page. (yes or no?)

These are the screen shots of what I see on different pages. (see homepageerror.png)

The track record page non logged in, is consistent with all other pages, but (i just realised that) even categories pages, http://optionsweekly.org/on/options-trading are just like the homepage...

Any clues why there would be a difference in showing different menu on PAGEs and Category Page + homepage (Index.php??)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Attachments
homepageerror.png
Naverror.png
s2member rocks!

Allan
OWeekly

Postby Cristián Lávaque » January 22nd, 2012, 8:49 pm

That's odd...

So while logged out the static home page, categories and posts have one menu and the pages another, right?

Could you do a quick test changing to the default theme and see if it's the same there? Just want to see if the problem is in the theme or elsewhere. Remember to enable s2Clean's Deactivation Safeguards so you don't lose your theme settings. WP Admin -> Appearance -> Theme Options -> Deactivation Safeguards

Creating a backup before making changes is also a good idea.

I hope that helps!
Cristián Lávaque http://s2member.net
Is s2Member working for you? Please rate it Image at WordPress.org. Thanks! :)
Cristián Lávaque
Developer
Developer

Postby OWeekly » January 22nd, 2012, 11:02 pm

So, am I going to back up the MySQL, and the files? Then just change theme to default?

Sorry Cristian, you got to be more exact with the steps.

I just backup my files, and activated the WP Admin -> Appearance -> Theme Options -> Deactivation Safeguards ... i installed and activated the WP default theme (Default 1.7.2 by Michael Heilemann)

And then I had a look, but nothing I can check against it. So I activated S2Clean back on... and there shows no difference... The problem is still the same and existing.

Pls elaborate. Thanks.
s2member rocks!

Allan
OWeekly

Postby OWeekly » January 30th, 2012, 8:39 pm

Cristian,
Have i done it correctly??

Cristián Lávaque wrote:That's odd...

So while logged out the static home page, categories and posts have one menu and the pages another, right?

Could you do a quick test changing to the default theme and see if it's the same there? Just want to see if the problem is in the theme or elsewhere. Remember to enable s2Clean's Deactivation Safeguards so you don't lose your theme settings. WP Admin -> Appearance -> Theme Options -> Deactivation Safeguards

I hope that helps!
s2member rocks!

Allan
OWeekly

Postby Eduan » January 30th, 2012, 9:43 pm

What Cristián meant was.

1. Create a backup of your site. (Optional, but still a good idea.)
2. Enable the s2Clean theme deactivation safeguards under WP Admin -> Appearance -> Theme Options -> Deactivation Safeguards.
3. Change back to the default theme that comes with WordPress. This theme is called TwentyEleven or TwentyTen. s2Member works perfectly with both.

Now, if it doesn't work after you've done the above, could you please try making a plugin compatibility test?

Just disable each plugin one by one (without including s2Member) until the problem goes away. If you can't make the changes site-wide because you already have users or somethings like that, you can use the Plugin Organizer plugin if you want in order to only disable the plugin on the page with the problem.

Hope this helps. :)
Now officially accepting Professional s2Member installations along with Bruce C (a.k.a. Ace).

If you're interested in a Professional s2Member Installation, or a Custom Coding Job, you can send your request here.
Eduan
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby OWeekly » January 30th, 2012, 10:01 pm

Hi Eduan,

I was at your site and wanted to contact u guys for paid help.

Wondering if u r ok to take up the jobs.. I have another thread about the tracking API . I m on my iPhone now. Will be home in 17 mins. Can we speak on Skype? Thanks my nick is mont0208

Eduan wrote:What Cristián meant was.

1. Create a backup of your site. (Optional, but still a good idea.)
2. Enable the s2Clean theme deactivation safeguards under WP Admin -> Appearance -> Theme Options -> Deactivation Safeguards.
3. Change back to the default theme that comes with WordPress. This theme is called TwentyEleven or TwentyTen. s2Member works perfectly with both.

Now, if it doesn't work after you've done the above, could you please try making a plugin compatibility test?

Just disable each plugin one by one (without including s2Member) until the problem goes away. If you can't make the changes site-wide because you already have users or somethings like that, you can use the Plugin Organizer plugin if you want in order to only disable the plugin on the page with the problem.

Hope this helps. :)
s2member rocks!

Allan
OWeekly

Postby OWeekly » January 31st, 2012, 3:21 am

sorry i still need a bit of help here. Thanks
Cristián Lávaque wrote:That's odd...

I hope that helps!
s2member rocks!

Allan
OWeekly

Postby Eduan » January 31st, 2012, 6:06 pm

What were the results of the test?
Now officially accepting Professional s2Member installations along with Bruce C (a.k.a. Ace).

If you're interested in a Professional s2Member Installation, or a Custom Coding Job, you can send your request here.
Eduan
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby OWeekly » January 31st, 2012, 6:51 pm

Eduan,

All the pages/posts/category pages loads the exactly same top navigation bar...

So what does that means?

Eduan wrote:What were the results of the test?
s2member rocks!

Allan
OWeekly

Postby Eduan » January 31st, 2012, 7:57 pm

The problem you had is that the nav bar didn't show a static list of pages from page to page correct?

If so it means that one of the plugins you deactivated isn't compatible in general. I would recommend going through each plugin, activate it, check if the nav bar is ok, then with the next and so on, until you find the plugin that causes the problem.

Once you find it could you please post the name of the plugin and the version.

Thanks! And please tell me how it goes. :)

Eduan
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby OWeekly » January 31st, 2012, 8:43 pm

Hi Eduan,

I have deleted this plugin. I have also deactivated all plugins except for s2member, and the top navigation bar is universal for all pages now. So now i will try to do a purchase transaction. Then i will be checking which plugin is affecting..

Thanks very much..

Will update very soon on the details..

Eduan wrote:The problem you had is that the nav bar didn't show a static list of pages from page to page correct?

If so it means that one of the plugins you deactivated isn't compatible in general. I would recommend going through each plugin, activate it, check if the nav bar is ok, then with the next and so on, until you find the plugin that causes the problem.

Once you find it could you please post the name of the plugin and the version.

Thanks! And please tell me how it goes. :)
s2member rocks!

Allan
OWeekly

Postby Eduan » January 31st, 2012, 8:48 pm

OK. Keep us updated. ;)

Eduan
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby OWeekly » January 31st, 2012, 11:44 pm

Autopsy Report

It seems that both the problems at viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16950 and viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16948 revolves around the same root of the problem.

The culprit is ....... *drum rolls .... Wordpress Super Cache

WPCach.png
WPCach.png (4.81 KiB) Viewed 1518 times

On its description it reads:

WP Super Cache gets around that. When it is installed, html files are generated and they are served without ever invoking a single line of PHP. How fast can your site serve graphic files? That’s (almost) as fast it will be able to serve these cached files. If your site is struggling to cope with the daily number of visitors, or if your site appears on Digg.com, Slashdot or any other popular site then this plugin is for you.

So i guess that did not help to load some php codes, that are critical to the many functions of s2member.

After removing the WP-Super-Cache, the site went back to normal functional state. My idevaff tracking code loads and the idevaff records the sale, and the thank you page was loaded after redirected from Paypal, and the top navigation menu is now universal for all pages/post/category pages.

Case Closed!!!

Special Thanks to Cristian and Eduan for the excellent help/support they rendered. I am very very grateful to both of you. Can I buy you both a beer or 2 somehow? Private msg me how I can do that. :D

Eduan wrote:OK. Keep us updated. ;)
s2member rocks!

Allan
OWeekly

Postby Eduan » February 1st, 2012, 8:55 am

Good job finding it! :D

Also, glad I was able to help. :)

You might wanna try, if you want or need a cache plugin, you might wanna try the Quick Cache plugin, by Jason. It's been thoroughly tested and coded to work with s2Member. I hope you like it. :)

Also, you don't need to repay us, it's our job (my hobby :P ) to help people. :)

Eduan
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby OWeekly » February 1st, 2012, 11:42 am

Cool !!
Eduan wrote:Good job finding it! :D

Also, glad I was able to help. :)

You might wanna try, if you want or need a cache plugin, you might wanna try the Quick Cache plugin, by Jason. It's been thoroughly tested and coded to work with s2Member. I hope you like it. :)

Also, you don't need to repay us, it's our job (my hobby :P ) to help people. :)
s2member rocks!

Allan
OWeekly

Return to s2Member Plugin