PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Subscription and EOT question

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Subscription and EOT question

Postby Michelle » January 30th, 2012, 3:06 pm

HI!

I need some help with creating a Paypal button for this scenario:
Buyer can buy 2 years access for $300 upfront (no problems creating this one)

OR

They can buy 2 years access by paying $110 per month for 3 months (payment plan). Looking through the shortcodes I see that I can use "rrt" to set the subscription to be for 3 payment terms, but how do I set a different EOT for s2Member to be 2 years?

I have s2Member Pro, but just using Paypal standard, not pro.

Thanks!!
Michelle

Re: Subscription and EOT question

Postby Cristián Lávaque » January 31st, 2012, 4:26 am

Good question. The problem with the current implementation of rrt is that it will apply the Auto EOT Behavior at the end of the last term paid. It gets more complicated when you consider that the user could stop paying after the first or second month, when should the term end then? This kind of behavior is not yet possible with s2Member.

You could add each EOT time manually to their profiles, then even if PayPal notifies an EOT time at the end of the last payment, s2Member will ignore it and use the one in account.
Cristián Lávaque http://s2member.net
Is s2Member working for you? Please rate it Image at WordPress.org. Thanks! :)
Cristián Lávaque
Developer
Developer

Postby Michelle » January 31st, 2012, 5:06 am

Thank you very much for replying Cristian.

Is there a way that I can set the EOT on the user account when they sign up? Some code perhaps as part of the registration process that fills in the EOT field. Maybe add something to the paypal button shortcode?

Your point though about them not making all their payments is a good one - so I wonder if there is another way to approach this.

Something like - after final payment is received and user has 1 more month of access, the admin receives an email advising "user has paid in full and is about to be downgraded to free subscriber - do you want to extend membership?" You can then run a process that adds the balance of the membership term to their EOT setting.
Or some way to do a bulk update of all members who are now fully paid?

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!
Michelle

Postby Cristián Lávaque » February 3rd, 2012, 12:27 am

You're welcome. :)

Well, you can update EOTs in bulk using the Import/Export tool in s2Member Pro.

About a notification on the last month... You could try using the EOT notification, there's an email field at the bottom of the panel, or past the URL to a custom script to email you. WP Admin -> s2Member -> API / Notifications -> EOT/Deletion

I hope that helps. :)
Cristián Lávaque http://s2member.net
Is s2Member working for you? Please rate it Image at WordPress.org. Thanks! :)
Cristián Lávaque
Developer
Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin