PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

new user finds profile fields already filled in?

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

new user finds profile fields already filled in?

Postby Lesley » January 18th, 2012, 11:52 am

Can someone tell me how in the world a new user could pay at Paypal then be sent to the registration page and find the fields already filled in from another user?

Does s2member have anything to do with this? Even in the redirecting, perhaps? The registration page is a combination of the WP account registration and the Buddypress profile registration...just trying to understand how this could happen.
Lesley

Re: new user finds profile fields already filled in?

Postby Raam Dev » January 23rd, 2012, 3:45 pm

Are you auto-populating those fields somehow? Do you have any custom code in place (such as code in an s2-hacks.php file)? Do you know if that person was using the same computer as a previous person who might have also signed up?

Could you describe what you mean by "the registration page is a combination of the WP account registration and the Buddypress profile registration"?
Raam Dev || Wherever you are, be there. || Please rate s2Member!
Raam Dev
Developer
Developer

Postby bhgcreative » January 25th, 2012, 12:55 pm

I am having a similar issue where I need the profile area to populate automatically.

My users are already registered manually by myself and have their usernames assigned to them. This gives them access to options to purchase upgrades to their accounts. In the past they have purchased upgrades to their current accounts without issues.

Now when they go to purchase an upgrade the profile area of my registration page does not automatically populate the profile area with their current user info. Is this a known issue?

When my users went to purchase upgrades to their memberships as little as a month ago those fields were automatically filled and their username not allowed to be changed.

I ask about this because I had a user purchase a upgrade this morning and they were able to create a brand new profile instead of upgrading their current account. I will now have to find a way to upgrade their old account and transfer information from the new account into the old. They were able to do this because the profile area was blank and they were able to create a new username.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Perhaps there is a new setting that I am not aware of or something is wrong with my theme? Thanks for your help.
bhgcreative

Postby bhgcreative » January 25th, 2012, 12:57 pm

I checked my theme (installed the default theme) and that does not seem to be the issue. Still no profile information filled into the profile area of my upgrade forms and I have the ability to create a new username.
bhgcreative

Postby Raam Dev » January 26th, 2012, 11:31 am

Hi bhgcreative,

- Are your users logged into s2Member when they click the upgrade button? If they're not logged in, s2Member has no way of upgrading their account.

- Have you double-checked your IPN Integration and PDT/Auto-Return integration? (WP Admin -> s2Member -> PayPal Options -> PayPal IPN Integration and WP Admin -> s2Member -> PayPal Options -> PayPal PDT/Auto-Return Integration).

- Could you please enable logging (WP Admin -> s2Member -> PayPal Options -> PayPal Account Details -> Enable Logging Routines?) and then share any entries from the log files in /wp-content/plugins/s2member-logs/ related to the Subscription ID in question? Be sure to X-Out any private information before posting the log entries.
Raam Dev
Developer
Developer

Postby bhgcreative » January 26th, 2012, 1:24 pm

Hey there Raam,

- Yes the users are logged in. That is the trouble really. The link to the upgrade paypal pro form is only accessible after they login and navigate to the correct upgrade page. Not sure why the profile area at the top is not automatically filled. I look in the code and the form has comment tags that state the fields should be filled but the values in the input fields are just not there. When I go to the member profile modification page the fields are filled in and the username is filled in and hidden, but not on my paypal pro forms.

My clients like the paypal pro forms as do I since people can pay quickly and easily and don't feel like they have to use a paypal login. My only other alternative I suppose is to switch to buttons but I don't want to have to do that if necessary.

- Paypal IPN Integration is up and working....I get payment notifications and all sorts of info from their payment

- I do have log files but not sure that they help much as the payments are going through fine. I just don't want people to be able to fill in the profile area...I need that populated automatically. I can send later if needed.

Thanks for all your help. I've tried everything short of going into the plugin and looking for that input field and why the variable isn't getting passed into the value properly.

Brian
BHG Creative
bhgcreative

Postby bhgcreative » January 26th, 2012, 1:31 pm

Picture 3.png
screenshot of profile areas not filling in

Here is a photo of the section that is not filling automatically with information. I am hoping that this is a quick fix. Thanks again.
bhgcreative

Postby Raam Dev » January 26th, 2012, 10:20 pm

There could be a conflict happening somewhere within your theme. Could you try switching to the default TwentyTen theme and then see if the fields are filled in? As far as I can tell, you're doing everything correctly, so those fields should be filled in if accessed by an s2Member who is logged in.

Another thing to try is disabling all plugins except s2Member to rule out any plugin conflicts.
Raam Dev
Developer
Developer

Postby bhgcreative » January 27th, 2012, 12:03 am

Shall do that next and report back.
bhgcreative

Postby bhgcreative » January 30th, 2012, 11:01 am

It was definitely a plugin. Perhaps an SEO plugin sadly....I had to remove some automatic keywords and everything started working correctly. Thanks so much for the help. Those pesky plugins sure know how to mess up a site sometimes.
bhgcreative

Postby Raam Dev » January 31st, 2012, 5:11 pm

Thank you for the update! Yes, badly coded plugins can cause a lot of problems on a site. Glad to hear you figured it out. :)
Raam Dev
Developer
Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin