PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

S2Member Pro paypal check out form

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

S2Member Pro paypal check out form

Postby cdunneski » January 29th, 2012, 3:52 pm

I would like to add a few categories to the paypal pro check out form that comes with the s2Member pro plugin besides just the first name, last name, email address, username and password. I cannot find on this forum how to do so. I have tried the s2member general options "registration/profile field and options" but these additions don't carry over to the create profile section in the paypal pro checkout form. Thank you for any help you can give.
cdunneski

Re: S2Member Pro paypal check out form

Postby Raam Dev » January 29th, 2012, 4:20 pm

Hello,

The custom registration fields should appear on the Pro Forms during checkout if you've set the field option "Applicable Membership Levels:" to all or to the level corresponding to the pro button you're using.
Raam Dev || Wherever you are, be there. || Please rate s2Member!
Raam Dev
Developer
Developer

Postby cdunneski » January 30th, 2012, 2:59 pm

I have tried this and still not showing up in pro checkout form - only name, email address, and username before the billing method. The category is showing up in my registration form, but not the checkout form
cdunneski

Postby Raam Dev » January 31st, 2012, 5:15 pm

Can you try deactivating and reactivating s2Member? Be sure to enable Deactivation Safeguards first: WP Admin -> s2Member -> General Options -> Deactivation Safeguards.

Also, you might want to try deactivating s2Member, deleting the plugin, then re-uploading the s2Member files to your website.

The problem you're describing should not happen. The custom fields are designed to appear on the Pro Checkout forms, so if you don't see them there, then something is either wrong with your installation of s2Member or a strange configuration issue on your server (less likely).
Raam Dev || Wherever you are, be there. || Please rate s2Member!
Raam Dev
Developer
Developer

Postby barbaros » February 2nd, 2012, 1:44 pm

Hi,
I have (had) a similar 'issue' with the Pro Checkout Forms.
This 'problem' is connected to whether you're logged in or not. You are most probably logged in to your site while testing the pro form. Try logging out or open your pro form in a different browser; you will see that the additional fields will be visible in the pro form!
Actually the following line is stated in paypal-checkout-form.php "<!-- Custom Fields will NOT be displayed to existing Users/Members that are already logged-in. s2Member assumes this information has already been collected in that case. -->"
However, I would like to have the additional fields to be displayed in the pro form both when users are logged-in and logged-out. Is there a way to achieve this?

Further to get back to cdunneski's remark concerning carrying over additional fields to the 'create profile' section; I have not been able to achieve this either as additional fields are being grouped in a different section. I would love to have 'Company Name' displayed right above 'First Name' in the same 'create profile' section?
Is it also possible to pass the 'Company Name' through to Paypal (Express Checkout) so that the company name will be visible on the Paypal receipt received by the customer? I have been trying to accomplish these tasks for ages now! I hope someone can help me...
barbaros

Return to s2Member Plugin