PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

s2member disappear but still working!

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

s2member disappear but still working!

Postby s2pidkaspr » January 30th, 2012, 9:43 pm

Ok. I have a website with over 30,000 posts. I'm using s2member plugin for awhile and having a great time with it. I'm using Wordpress 3.2.1 until about this couple of days, perhaps it's last thursday or friday. When I suddenly decided to downgrade my Wordpress because of the needed plugin that is only compatible with lower Wordpress versions.

And so I downgraded to Wordpress 3.0.4, like I said, a couple days ago. Everything works fine so far, even my s2member's plugin is still working fine. But its just today (Monday) that I needed to make some changes on my s2member's configuration/settings. And so I went on my wordpress dashboard only to find my s2member options is not listed anywhere on my wordpress admin dashboard.

I checked out the plugin and see the plugin is activated. Check on my front-end site to see if s2member's code functionality still works, and it still does the job. So, i'm assuming, visual stuff on my dashboard is missing. Where could it went? Any ideas on how to get it back on my dashboard?

Thanks

EDIT:
i noticed just now that only s2member's <php> tags only works, thee shortcode tags doesn't. O_O Weird.
s2pidkaspr

Re: s2member disappear but still working!

Postby Eduan » January 31st, 2012, 9:06 am

Have you tried doing a plugin compatibility test?

Start by the plugin you downgraded s2Member for, and see if it works.

Please tell me how it goes. :)
Now officially accepting Professional s2Member installations along with Bruce C (a.k.a. Ace).

If you're interested in a Professional s2Member Installation, or a Custom Coding Job, you can send your request here.
Eduan
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby s2pidkaspr » January 31st, 2012, 10:49 pm

Eduan wrote:Have you tried doing a plugin compatibility test?

Start by the plugin you downgraded s2Member for, and see if it works.

Please tell me how it goes. :)

hmm..i'm not sure i understand this? what you mean start by the plugin i downgraded s2member for?
i didn't downgrade any plugin. i said, i downgraded my wordpress. s2member plugin still works, its just that it disappears from my admin panel where i should see s2member's configuration. also s2member's shortcode seems to be not working too, only the <php> conditionals.
s2pidkaspr

Postby Eduan » February 1st, 2012, 8:52 am

Yes I'm sorry. What I meant was, if you could start the plugin compatibility test with the plugin you downgraded WordPress for. The plugin that was the reason you downgraded WordPress for.

Which version of WordPress did you need for the other plugin to work? It might be that that version of WordPress that causes some problems with s2Member.

Tell me how it goes.
Now officially accepting Professional s2Member installations along with Bruce C (a.k.a. Ace).

If you're interested in a Professional s2Member Installation, or a Custom Coding Job, you can send your request here.
Eduan
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby s2pidkaspr » February 1st, 2012, 9:09 am

what's at least wordpress version is required to fully work s2member?
s2pidkaspr

Postby Eduan » February 1st, 2012, 10:16 am

Here are the specs in the plugin page:
Requires: 3.2 or higher
Compatible up to: 3.3.1
Last Updated: 2011-12-20 Downloads: 182,459

Eduan
Experienced User
Experienced User

Return to s2Member Plugin