PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

IP Address Logs - Help

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

IP Address Logs - Help

Postby scripteralex » February 1st, 2012, 8:37 pm

I desperately need a log of IP addresses used for each member so I can see if they are cheating or getting locked out for "legitimate" reasons. Logging IP addresses and doing a geo-locate would help me determine what action to take, such as permanent suspension, on the worst offenders.

I tried using this plugin http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/simple-login-log/ and it doesn't quite work (logs admin access, and unsuccessful login attempts, but normal logins don't seem to trigger a log entry). It's using this hook to fire its function that appends to the log. Any reason why it wouldn't trigger for a s2 level 1 user?

add_action( 'wp_login', array(&$this, 'login_success') );

Can you guys think of some sort of workaround, and/or incorporate this functionality into S2 member? The plugin I referenced is GPL and shouldn't be too hard to duplicate its (very useful!) functionally.
scripteralex

Re: IP Address Logs - Help

Postby boldplans » February 1st, 2012, 10:10 pm

I found out they do log IP addresses, which is thankful. Wordpress by itself doesn't do much at all. I don't think that building this in is beneficial since it requires so much regular updating (IP address changes.) It would be good to have a log of failed attempts and not sure what kind of error log S2M already has.
boldplans

Return to s2Member Plugin