PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Download Protected File Duplicate headers

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Download Protected File Duplicate headers

Postby zensai » January 31st, 2012, 10:12 pm

Hey, the plugin is working all in all pretty good. Here is my setup:

WordPress ver 3.3.1
s2Member Pro ver 111220
Server Type: Debian
MySQL ver 5.0.45
PHP ver 5.2.17
and using Powweb Hosting (powweb.com)

I can successfully download protected files from the /s2member-files/ root directory and it's sub files from sub folders etc. Using the latest Safari (on Mac OS X) and the latest IE (on Windows). However can't download these protected files using the latest FireFox and Chrome on Mac OS X (or FireFox running on Windows).

This is what I'm getting for an error response in Chrome (mac os x):
Code: Select all
Duplicate headers received from server
The response from the server contained duplicate headers. This problem is generally the result of a misconfigured website or proxy. Only the website or proxy administrator can fix this issue.
Error 346 (net::ERR_RESPONSE_HEADERS_MULTIPLE_CONTENT_LENGTH): Multiple distinct Content-Length headers received. This is disallowed to protect against HTTP response splitting attacks.

and this is the response in FireFox (mac os x):
Corrupted Content Error
The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because an error in the data transmission was detected.

I've been trying a bunch of suggestions from this post: http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2690&p=7858&hilit=download+duplicate#p7858 but no luck. Interestingly, my .htaccess file in the main wordpress directory is:
main wordpress directory
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>

However, when changing it to the .htaccess for the main wp directory Jason had given, it sort of killed my site making it unable to visit other pages besides the front/ index page. So I switched it back to what's shown above. The .htaccess file contents of the /s2member-files/ folder was the same as the .htaccess Jason had provided in that above post.

I also tried the creating the s2-hacks.php file in wp-content/mu-plugins/s2-hacks.php but it gives me back this craziness spit out in all my browsers on mac os x:
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hermes/web08/b1670/pow.zensai/htdocs/nsb/wp-content/mu-plugins/s2-hacks.php:1) in /hermes/web08/b1670/pow.zensai/htdocs/nsb/wp-content/plugins/s2member/includes/classes/files-in.inc.php on line 336

and that's for that php file lines 336 - 345 and 378 it says it.

Any suggestions? I'm kind of a novice at this but I've been hacking this kind of stuff together before with php code tweaks. There seems to be something up with the size of the file and perhaps timing out? Is that what the duplicate headers meaning is? Oh, these are .mp3 files I'm trying to download. Any help?

Brian
zensai

Re: Download Protected File Duplicate headers

Postby Raam Dev » February 2nd, 2012, 4:47 pm

Hi Brian,

I haven't seen this issue before but I'm going to check with another support rep. Thank you for your patience.
Raam Dev || Wherever you are, be there. || Please rate s2Member!
Raam Dev
Developer
Developer

Re: Download Protected File Duplicate headers

Postby Raam Dev » February 3rd, 2012, 12:33 pm

Hi Brian,

Could you please try the suggestions here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17001&p=61498#p61498
Raam Dev || Wherever you are, be there. || Please rate s2Member!
Raam Dev
Developer
Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin